Toe nail reconstruction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reason I say this is:
I done pedicures on clients who went to other salons having toe nail reconstruction and the client tried to make her pedicures last two months or more till polish grew out so badly , when I removed it her entire natural nail lifted and was green and black not just your regular greenies and nail gone brittle and I can't even describe how close I was to throwing up!!! Oozing some rubbish!!!
So that can happen with clients who try make their pedicures go tooo long ! I don't blame the therapist as her work wasn't bad it's client who didn't comply and ignored the nail crack and applied more polish over it !!

They're awesome!!

Do you put acrylic on all of the toes?

Do you use a tip or form?

Or....some other way?

I'm so interested in this lol

Thanks!

I only put Acrylic on the big toes (or whichever toenail is missing/broken) and just apply Acrylic straight onto the skin, no need to use forms or tips!

But as stated above you definitely need to make sure your client comes in regularly to maintain the Acrylic on the toes - no longer than 4/5 weeks between appointments!

Reason I say this is:
I done pedicures on clients who went to other salons having toe nail reconstruction and the client tried to make her pedicures last two months or more till polish grew out so badly , when I removed it her entire natural nail lifted and was green and black not just your regular greenies and nail gone brittle and I can't even describe how close I was to throwing up!!! Oozing some rubbish!!!
So that can happen with clients who try make their pedicures go tooo long ! I don't blame the therapist as her work wasn't bad it's client who didn't comply and ignored the nail crack and applied more polish over it !!
That sounds awful!

It's s pain when clients don't listen to the aftercare advice!

Thanks!

I only put Acrylic on the big toes (or whichever toenail is missing/broken) and just apply Acrylic straight onto the skin, no need to use forms or tips!

But as stated above you definitely need to make sure your client comes in regularly to maintain the Acrylic on the toes - no longer than 4/5 weeks between appointments!
That's so cool!

My boyfriend is a footballer so his big toes are awful! I might try and persuade him to let me try reconstructing his toes for practice lol

I play football soccer here in the states and run half marathons so my toes have had their share of abuse. I have had them restored with acrylics using sculpted forms and I also do foot and hand modeling for various techs and student nail techs so I have had them restored with acrylic tips as well just make sure they are properly sealed so you do t get fungus. They cam out great really natural looking if you have a skilled tech
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1496947638.174806.jpg
big toe is a natural acrylic sculpt done with a form .

I play football soccer here in the states and run half marathons so my toes have had their share of abuse. I have had them restored with acrylics using sculpted forms and I also do foot and hand modeling for various techs and student nail techs so I have had them restored with acrylic tips as well just make sure they are properly sealed so you do t get fungus. They cam out great really natural looking if you have a skilled techView attachment 205057 big toe is a natural acrylic sculpt done with a form .
That's so good!!

It looks completely natural! I bet you're really pleased with that!

Thanks!

How can you apply acrylic straight onto the skin as it's risking your client to overexposure?

Love a good toe nail reconstruction! These are LCN Wide Pedique gel nails:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1496957380.868107.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1496957405.991457.jpg

That's so good!!

That's so good!!

She did a great job she was an experienced tech that really does good work she used it for her social media advertising . Thanks for the kind words good luck starting out in the business feel free to reach out

I've always wondered how the client can have acrylic straight onto skin too.

If any of you ladies are in Hampshire or near Fleet, let me know! I have hideous toe nails after ingrowing toenail ops that permanately damaged my toes. I also have psoriasis in my nails and run! A recipe for disaster. I have had hard gel no reconstruction and feel so much better. I have had a reconstruction at the Chiropodist but then had to paint them. I hate my feet!
I'm in Hampshire so will pm you x

How can you apply acrylic straight onto the skin as it's risking your client to overexposure?
You apply a barrier of cuticle oil over the skin while building the new toenail
In some cases you could sculpt on a form but often not possible on a toe depending on it shape

You apply a barrier of cuticle oil over the skin while building the new toenail
In some cases you could sculpt on a form but often not possible on a toe depending on it shape
If there is no toenail at all how does it adhere to the skin?

If there is no toenail at all how does it adhere to the skin?
Oh sorry, no it's not possible if there's no nail whatsoever. But a few millimetres of nail at the bottom or up the middle is enough to build on

Oh sorry, no it's not possible if there's no nail whatsoever. But a few millimetres of nail at the bottom or up the middle is enough to build on
This is something I'm very interested in offering and hoped to do the LCN reconstruction training but it's not available to nail techs unfortunately.
I can see so many pros and cons of building it with acrylic but too many cons for me at the moment.

I've got a BSc in Podiatry so I can go on the course but the nearest centre is Sheffield & it's not a cheap course.

I suppose it would come in handy, a pod near me who I trained with has dropped it off her services so either it wasn't popular or people were put off the initial consultation fee. First consultations are £30+ so it would be prohibitively expensive for some.

I've got a BSc in Podiatry so I can go on the course but the nearest centre is Sheffield & it's not a cheap course.

I suppose it would come in handy, a pod near me who I trained with has dropped it off her services so either it wasn't popular or people were put off the initial consultation fee. First consultations are £30+ so it would be prohibitively expensive for some.
Yes I agree I think the cost would be off putting. That's a shame as I think it's a great service to offer

There is something here called Kerriflex a medical gel hat is anti fungal and can create a natural looking nail over almost no nail at all. The treatment is expensive but apparently works for both damaged and fungal toenails. It is available here through podiatrist but I haven't seen it at the salons or worked with a tech who's used it.

LCN Wilde Pedique is the best solution. It was created for a life in the shoe! It has anti fungal properties and is safe to be applied to the skin. As a matter of fact, you can reconstruct an entire toenail without any nail plate left (won't last as long) but a couple of weeks is amazing.

Latest posts

Back