Toe Nails & Acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moanie

Reaction score
Did a search on toe nail acrylics, couldn't find a tutorial on this. Is there one? I have seen them on people when abroad and think they look great. I would love to be able to offer this service, is it the same as doing finger nails on a form, but the form adapted to fit the toe? Can it be done on all toes or just the big toe? Any one got the answer or can someone do a tutorial on it? PRETTY PLEASE.

Can't help with a tutorial but if there's one here, I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

I don't use l&p on toes but I do use gel. I do it the same way as I do on fingers but just do it as an overlay without the tip. When I had a broken toenail I did use a tip & it looked just as good as a natural nail.

HTHs

i don't know of an exact tutorial, but i can help. i do them all the time, and L-O-V-E them!!

first of all you do your prep just like on a finger nail. as for forms, i use either a trimmed form or the donut hole parts of a form. when i do p&ws on toes my smiles aren't very smiley. more like straight across with a little smirk. oh, and make them thin. especially the little piggies. and put lots and lots of solar oil on them.

and here's a link to a thread w/ lots of info http://www.thenailgeek.com/main/20917-would-you-mind-taking-look-pls.html

hth!

Had a look at that link, thankyou. Sorry to sound thick but can you explain what you mean by using the doughnut part of the form, I can't get a picture in my mind. I am grateful for your help though.

ya' know how a form has that circle sticker in the middle of it? the part that you normally throw away? that's the donut hole part of the form. i just kind of stick it to the toe. i butt it right up against any nail that's there (normally there's no free edge) and sculpt on top of that if i'm extending the length.

hope that made sense :)

in fat girl terms (of which i'm VERY familiar with, hehehee) ya' know the donut hole little mini cake? picture that without the powdered sugar.. pmsl

moanie GND said:
Had a look at that link, thankyou. Sorry to sound thick but can you explain what you mean by using the doughnut part of the form, I can't get a picture in my mind. I am grateful for your help though.
If you use the horseshoe forms, yours wont have any holes to take out.
xxx:green:

ahh! you're right!!! i forgot about those little evil beasts!

i guess you could just cut a horse shoe form up and stick it where you need it...

Latest posts

Back