toe related. but bear with me!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus blossom

Reaction score
ive noticed recently , as ive been doing lots more feet of late, that on mainly middleaged women, and older something under their toenails that i cant quite be sure what it is, so bear with me as i said!!!
ive tried checking it out on dermet etc, but cant find it so ill try and explain,

its like i want to cut their toe nails shorter, but after ive cut as short as i think they can go, its like a skin but almost like tiny little fingers sticking out from under their free edge!!!
so no matter how short i file, this " stuff" sticks out and im reluctant to cut it in case its living tissue,
its not like the hyponichium, its like a build up on top of this, but its not something that has deposited it self there,
do you know what i mean,??

the only way i can describe it is, if you can imagine the inside of the stomach has all these little fronds on the inner lining, ( i think they are called villi??) anyway they waft food and fluid down the tubes, and these things under the toes free edge remind me of this!!

does anyone know what im on about or have i totally lost it for once and for all!!!!!????

its ruining my pedis and polishing as its sticking out and ruining the overall finish,
ive checked my toe nails and they look normal, but ive noticed this on sooo many women of late, i thought someone else might know waht im on about!!
if no one replies ill delete this so i dont look a total muppet!!!

Does it smell as you file it? (sorry to ask that)

no it doesnt!!
sorry i should have said that!!
its skin like ,not , errr,,,, stuff!!!

Thank goodness!!! :lol: Sorry hun, can't help x

i have a lady who has something similar.

Is it called 'solehorn' its like really thick and makes her toes grow ski jumpy !

This is a solid mass though not 'fibers/tube' like etc!

I've soaked her feet and tried to pick it out eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk, but it dont budge - i keep asking her to ask her chiropodist what it is !

Very odd !!!!

AMb x

yep amber we are on the right track, its like solehorn but fringy on the ends!!
but its loads of ladies,not just one,
well not loads but ive noticed it enough recently to want to know the answer to it!! and not on young women either!!

strange!!!

PT0803CE2.jpg

Your not mad !
I know exactly what your on about and I had a conversation with Adele about it a while ago........I have about 3 clients with it and all are middle aged (don`t know if that`s a coincidence or not) and its the same each time I see them.
I have to admit I do nip them flush with the nail as i`m sure they are just dead bits of skin........filing them is no use and they do make the finished polish look.....well...not finished!!!

I don`t remember anything about this in my training and will be interested if anyone else has come accross this!

If not then I guess we are both as mad as each other!!!!!

I think they look a bit like a fringe poking out from under the nail. mmmmm!

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww check this out!

PT0803CE3.jpg

Oh my god that nearly made me throw up!!!!
I bet that one smells......how can it not....eeewww!

Yep I know exactly what you are talking about....seems more common in older ladies.
I've nipped them off...they are dead skin cells...can't remember the correct terminology sorry.
Amber..............:eek::eek::eek:
I think I saw something like that on The Hills Have Eyes.....that almost gave me nightmares as well :lol:

thanks amber very helpful, its not fungal im sure of it, but the skin bits do look a bit fringy fingery dont they!!!

omfg!!! amb i nearly fainted then!!!!!!!

Could it be subungual hyperkeratosis... ?!?

My toes are like this ( the description NOT the yucky photos lol ) but i don't know what it is sorry, i am 36 so almost middle aged.
I have tried to scrape it out but it is sore if i try, i have over grown hyponichium on my finger nails due to always wearing my natural nails so long, don't know if its related or not ???

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww check this out!

PT0803CE3.jpg

Your mum told you not to squeeze you feet into your mates stillettos when you were 16....did you listen??????

I guess it must be an age thing then as I haven`t come accross any young ladies with it.
Glad that i`m not the only one nipping them, I was pretty sure they wern`t living tissue but I feel better now!

have you got a link sandi????

and omg judy , lmao at you !!! xxx

thanks to everyone for their input and glad to know im not barking xxx

Latest posts

Back