Toenail - anyone know what this is?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsMe

Reaction score
Hi, this is my clients toe - does anyone know what it is? Am busy revising for my level 3 exam and dont recognise it from any nail disorders..??The nail is flat and smooth and the cloudiness looks like its underneath the nail. Thanks, x

Attachments

• toe.jpg
    toe.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 477
Looks like a looks like a fungal infection to me

Firstly remember we don't diagnose - if we're unsure about any condition then we refer to GP :D

Having said that it initially looks like dehydration - has she been wearing gel polish on her toes?

As we are not doctors we can't diagnose what we find, we can only sent our clients to their GPs for a diagnosis regardless what we 'think' it may be.

I would ensure all implements used are sterilised and files replaced just in case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya. Its a friend who is also a client and I said I would see what it could be and I am also interested as not seen listed under disorders I have studied. Dont think its fungal as nail and surrounding skin very normal and clean. The toe is very normal looking and toe nail very smooth which makes me think its something within the nail layers. Thanks x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Has she picked off any gel polish?

It could be where her big toe touches her shoes.. Blunt force trauma ;)
I noticed she has it on her second toe too.. Does she wear pointed shoes or trainers.. My friend wears trainers all the time and has damage to her big toe from them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

She has never had gel/shellac on toes ever before and wears good mainly sensible shoes. Stumped! Thanks for replying ladies xx

Victoria could be the trainers thing. Thanks xx

Does she ever wear polish? It could be like dermatitis/eczema/psoriasis under the nail plate.

It could be where her big toe touches her shoes.. Blunt force trauma ;)
I noticed she has it on her second toe too.. Does she wear pointed shoes or trainers.. My friend wears trainers all the time and has damage to her big toe from them.

My Doc Martens have damaged mine from pressure on the toes - looks similar.

Thanks for replying ladies. She does normally wear normal polish. She has had the condition for a long time she said. Could be shoes waxingmodel. Ty xx

I would be advising that client to have it checked by the doctors before proceeding with any treatment to be sure.
(though i know your not treating and asking on behalf on a friend, but if a client came in wanting treatment then i would refer).

Latest posts

Back