Toes...acrylic or gel which is best??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diesel1978

Reaction score
I just wondered what are the opinions of all nail geeks on toe enhancements.......
i use both l&p and gel but just wondered which was easiest for rebalancing...wear and tear etc?

I've had both done to my feet for going away on holidays etc and i liked the gel better but found that they werent as hard wearing as the acrylic.

The gel toes seemed to crack within the first week but it may have been due to the sand!

And the following year when i tried acrylic - they seemed to hurt a bit and they were horrible to touch after a while!! i'd never had them re-balanced or in-filled - i dont think people consider it to be a long-term thing but maybe only for a special ocassion?

Gel toe-nails are becoming more popular nowadays whereas it was almost unheard of a few years ago

diesel1978 said:
I just wondered what are the opinions of all nail geeks on toe enhancements.......
i use both l&p and gel but just wondered which was easiest for rebalancing...wear and tear etc?

i do both, and i dont think the durability or upkeep have much difference. but i think the look differs slightly. i find acrylic gives a crisper more immaculate but perhaps slightly more artificial look. whereas gel is perhaps a little easier to apply but gives a slightly more natural casual but well groomed appearance.

I use L & P on mine because it seems to hold up better.

hi

I only do Brisa Gel on toes hun - they last extremely well both on myself and clients and have been doing them since i opened last June. The soonest i have had a client back for maintenance on them is 6 weeks, and then to be honest only the length is noticeable, not the cuticle area of the look of them, some i reduce the length and thats them happy until they want them completley re-doing.

The beauty of the gel is that it is very light to buff away and re-apply. I charge overlay prices whether fingers or toes ! and for toes its overlay charge per visit no infiles / rebalancing charges - i simply buff and re-apply

I do not like the idea of acrylic on toes - one for the fact that getting down there for so long whilst i apply it (so quick with brisa) and i could only imagine the mess id get in with the smiles ! lol, plus i never like the idea of rebalancing the acrylic or soaking off when needed.

Hope this has helped if i can help again with anything just ask - intersted to know if anyone does use acrylic and how they find it

kx

Hi

We do LOADS of toes in the salon using Biosculpture gel the colours are fab, we charge the same as for fingers .

The clients love it that the polish never wears off or chips and as bio is flexible it dosnt give a hard covering. I did have L+P on my toes once but never again i knocked my toe and OMG it bloody killed it bruised up like noones business so i have never had that again!

so gel all the way for me. PS Brisa French is gorgeous on toes too.

mmmm some interesting replies. I did some onmy sekf last year.......the first lot was acrylic and the second was faze gel.
I found the acrylic better but only because it did'nt seem to crack like te gel did....but saying that i applied the faze 2 topcoat so i think it was that that actually cracked!
I have 2 models lined up now...one for acrylic and one for gel...for promotional shots..........i ave about 5 clients begging me for it at the o so i need to get my self in to gear!!

hi diesel, ive tried acrylic on my toes and it lasted 6 weeks!! i ended up picking it off though after that, so i dont know what sort if job it would have been to do a rebalance?. it lasted ages, really hard wearing, and looked fab!!!

Just added this to my gallery. Brisa toes I did on myself about 3 weeks ago. I can just start to see where they are growing out - but you have to look for it. they were dead easy - much easier than fingers!

Latest posts

Back