Toilet Reading Matter (apologies if I offend anyone)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oey

Reaction score
Oh we did laugh when we had visitors the other day. We have a down stairs loo, which does happen to be the most used toilet in the house (I think one of the few rooms I am paranoid about keeping spick and span and dont allow my husband to use the best towel which is only for show) so we always keep a selection of magazines and books etc for those moments when you have to spend a little more time than a few seconds in there if you know what I mean.

Sooo anyway, we had some visitors the other day, who do come to see us quite often, one went to the loo and came out chuckling, so I had to ask what was so funny, to which he said - "no matter if people didnt know us (Steve and I) they would soon guess what kind of personalities we have by reading what magazines and books we keep in the loo! I couldnt remember what were latest bits I had put in (me being paranoid as I am) so had to go and look straight away: Well I found - Professional Beauty and Scratch, Cosmopolitan Magazine (with the ususal Cosmo head line grabbers if you know what I mean :wink2:) and a book that I bought Steve last xmas for a laugh called (dont mean to offend anybody) "You are what you ****e" by Dr Julian Keech! (an encyclopedia investigating every aspect of the bodies No 2 functions - and very funny it is too)!

So our friends now reckon that anybody didnt know us would think that we are totally obsessed about all things Beauty and Nails (they are right there), want to treat our sex lives as though we have been married 5 minutes and not 17 years - and are too bloody paranoid about what affect the food has on our bodies and are always investigating every aspect of our bodies natural function!

I ask you - I have so got to change these bloody books in our Loo this xmas!

So what reading matter do you keep in your Loo - (for you or your visitors)!

none!!!!.....why i here you ask.....

i dont want people long enough in there to do number 2!!!!!!!....

we have downstairs loo and its used the most aswell.......i am like you, i keep it spot less!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

In my downstairs loo there is Belle du jour , a scratch mag and Jordans book lol

I also have a doodle book and a pen , its funny reading the messages left on it xx

I also have a doodle book and a pen , its funny reading the messages left on it xx

Now that sounds a great fun idea! Am going to change to that one I think!:lol:

Now that sounds a great fun idea! Am going to change to that one I think!:lol:
But will they wash the pen between scribblings:green:

ooh in ours we have scratch, hairbooks, canadian auto trader (my little lad loves looking at the cars we "are" gonna have when we move to canada) :lol:

I don't use the toilet for that long.....I'm a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaady:lol:

I don't use the toilet for that long.....I'm a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaady:lol:

I'm a lady too - that's why I hide my reading material when guests are over!:o
I always have a novel - BECAUSE I love to read in the bath tub!

I HATE people reading on the loo. its my pet hate. I cant bare (bear) the thought of peple reading and leaving their ****ty finger stains on a book that i may or may not pick up at a later date. HOW GROSS!!!!!!!!!!

i was always having a go at my ex hubby about it. he used to hide his book down ihis pants when he came out the loo, just made me sick at the thought of all the ****ty germs on it when he put it back on my bookshelf with all my nice clean books. never been the same since :lol:

i have crumbs stuck under my : key and i cant do an more emotes hahahahahahahahaha
but to all you toilet readers ------ you shold be ashamed, wht spend longer in there than u hae to.its bad for circulation!!!!!!

Both my husband and my son read in the loo.I say go in do what you have to do and get out but no its always a big affair.My son reads his warhammer mags, my husband Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall cookery books, planning his next meal.
The other day after he had been on nights i opened the garage to be confronted with a dead deer..roadkill..which he then skinned and butchered in the garden and we now have in the freezer.
My daughter thinks hes a bit of a weirdo.
Too much time reading cookery books in the toilet i think.

Latest posts

Back