Tone out natural red in salt & pepper hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceecee71

Reaction score
Hey,
A little problem for all the colourists sat at home! My friend has natural salt and pepper hair. She’d been box colouring it for years and went very light blonde. I got her to grow out the roots to about 2” and used tint and toner to give the effect of her natural colour all over (see pic) The problem is.....
Before she went grey her natural hair was dark brown with a lot of warmth around the face. Now it seems only the light red natural tone is not turning white around her face. So at the front and in her fringe she has a mix of gingery and white!! I tried toning it all with the toner I used in the original colour correction but it’s too light. Any ideas? I feel like the only option is to try and weave out the red strands and colour them dark but then we’re back to regrowth, which is what we got rid of. [emoji15][emoji848][emoji30]
IMG_2837.JPG

I’d weave them and bleach them lighter, not go darker.

I’d weave them and bleach them lighter, not go darker.

Yeah I thought about that too but I’m worried it will all go too light then. May be the only option though.

Yeah I thought about that too but I’m worried it will all go too light then. May be the only option though.
What about weave bleach, and then colour the drop out darker.... Then when processed, tone all accordingly..

Latest posts

Back