Toner for level 7/8 bleached hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairgeek19

Reaction score
Hi looking for advice for a wella toner please. the hair was a natural level 6 and lifted to a yellow/orange very blonde in some places and others kindof braasy and I want to tone it down, when wet it looked orange. Thank you

You’ve not said if you’re looking for warm or cool tones?

warm please.. just want to tone it down a bit from looking so yellow/orange. it's was level 6 hair now prelightened to about 8 id say and 7 in other parts..

warm please.. just want to tone it down a bit from looking so yellow/orange. it's was level 6 hair now prelightened to about 8 id say and 7 in other parts..
Try illumina 8/38 or 8/ because illumina is violet based so it will soften some of the raw warmer tones without cooling it down too much.

Agree with @ronray. I love illumina for toning blondes. It gives a soft natural look.

Try illumina 8/38 or 8/ because illumina is violet based so it will soften some of the raw warmer tones without cooling it down too much.
Thank you .. should it be okay with the more blonde pieces or will they come out violet looking.. I always tend to wash toners out quick as I'm afraid they grab too much

Thank you .. should it be okay with the more blonde pieces or will they come out violet looking.. I always tend to wash toners out quick as I'm afraid they grab too much
8/38 won't go violet.

However if this is something that worries you in future try toning as a glossing service by mixing 1 part illuma colour, 1 part pastel or 1.9% developer and 1 part post service conditioner. That can be left on for the full time and wont end up going funny tones.

8/38 won't go violet.

However if this is something that worries you in future try toning as a glossing service by mixing 1 part illuma colour, 1 part pastel or 1.9% developer and 1 part post service conditioner. That can be left on for the full time and wont end up going funny tones.
I actually really like the glossing service, the hair always feels so nice afterwards too.

8/38 won't go violet.

Thanks so Ill
I actually really like the glossing service, the hair always feels so nice afterwards too.
So illumina can be mixed with 1.9 or pastel and with conditioner.. Good to know I never used illumina before to be honest.. all toners scare me sometimes they grab on some pieces of hair and I freak out panic and wash. I am trying to upload photo of the hair but can't figure this thing out keeps saying file too large for upload

all toners scare me sometimes they grab on some pieces of hair and I freak out panic and wash. I am trying to upload photo of the hair but can't figure this thing out keeps saying file too large for upload

If your picture file size is too large try using an App like Image Size to re-size the picture before uploading it.

It’s a shame if you didn’t cover ‘how to use toners’ at college? Problem is, if you wash them out too quickly, they won’t have had time to deposit properly and so will wash out very quickly and leave the client brassy and possibly unhappy with your colour service. You probably just need more practice to judge the right mix ratio and processing time for each client. Try not to get anxious about it. You will get there with a bit more practice.

Me too and it means I don't have to keep such a close eye on toners!

Thanks so Ill

So illumina can be mixed with 1.9 or pastel and with conditioner.. Good to know I never used illumina before to be honest.. all toners scare me sometimes they grab on some pieces of hair and I freak out panic and wash. I am trying to upload photo of the hair but can't figure this thing out keeps saying file too large for upload
Yes but it has to be the wella post service conditioner.

Latest posts

Back