Toner help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess :)

Reaction score
Hi all, just after a bit of help. The salon I work in use indola colour, and I am looking for a toner which would give a platinum colour, I understand first I need to lift it to very pale yellow but we near enough there so looking for a toner, the girls I work with say to use p.1 which is ash. I just wanted some of your opinions, especially if anyone has used indola as a toner. I was thinking of using p.27 as this is pearl Violet and I was always taught to use purple for yellow tones. Ash/blue for Orange tones. Anyone got any advise?
Hi all, just after a bit of help. The salon I work in use indola colour, and I am looking for a toner which would give a platinum colour, I understand first I need to lift it to very pale yellow but we near enough there so looking for a toner, the girls I work with say to use p.1 which is ash. I just wanted some of your opinions, especially if anyone has used indola as a toner. I was thinking of using p.27 as this is pearl Violet and I was always taught to use purple for yellow tones. Ash/blue for Orange tones. Anyone got any advise?

Attachments

• DSC_0503.JPG
    DSC_0503.JPG
    971.3 KB · Views: 69

Attachments

• IMG_20160302_145955.JPG
    IMG_20160302_145955.JPG
    522 KB · Views: 43
Hi Jess, I don't work with Indola but you seem to be on the right track. Lift to palest yellow - think inside of a banana. Pearl violet sounds like the right tone for you would achieve Platinium.

Just went back to look at your colourchart. Are these permanent or Demi?

Hi Jess, I don't work with Indola but you seem to be on the right track. Lift to palest yellow - think inside of a banana. Pearl violet sounds like the right tone for you would achieve Platinium.

Just went back to look at your colourchart. Are these permanent or Demi?
Thankyou for your reply, they are permanent, for some reason sallys doesn't seem to sell the demi's x

What are you mixing them with? Ammonia based colours are agony on a freshly bleached scalp!

3% but it's full head foils been built up over time rather than bleach on the scalp.
I personally am not fussed on indola for the fact that they don't seem to make their stock very available and dont do many training courses x

Then stick with the pearl violet. I'm sure Indola has a Demi range. Get your boss to contact the rep rather than buy from Sally's

Okay thankyou, yeah they have a demi range iv seen before, thankyou for your advice. If I could get my boss to get a demi, which do you say has the better effect permanent or Demi? X

A permanent toner, especially mixed with 3% will create some lift whereas a Demi will deposit tone only

Okay thankyou :)

Hi really don't want to sound patronising to anyone but if u put ash (blue) over yellow it will get a green cast ur right for choosing Violet xx

Well that's what iv always thought, I'm in the salon that I come to straight after college and only recently been getting more into the colours, I done a colour course a few months ago and was talking bout toning then. But all the girls I work with always turn to ash, and they've been doing it a lot longer than me so wanted to double check I was thinking right on here lol x

Latest posts

Back