Toner issue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Andersen

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently bleached my hair and then applied Wella Colour Touch 3 parts 9/96 to 1 part 8/81. It was very smoky ash at first, but after only 4 or 5 washes its really washed out. Any ideas on why this is happening?
I'll attached pics from day 1, after 2 days and now (5 days)
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201114-121955_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201114-121955_Gallery.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20201114-122011_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201114-122011_Gallery.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20201114-122029_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201114-122029_Gallery.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 57
There's still warmth in the hair. So what you've experienced is probably creeping oxidisation.
The colour underneath (underlying tones) are slowly showing back through because the toner you've applied hasn't corrected the tone, only masked it.

Thanks.
What would you suggest?. The hair was bleached up to yellow and to almost white in places. I thought toning with violet and blue would hit both??

Thanks.
What would you suggest?. The hair was bleached up to yellow and to almost white in places. I thought toning with violet and blue would hit both??
[/QUOTE
It will to a degree. But because the ends are so white they've taken on the pure ash tone that you like. After a few washes the more yellow hair appears less ash, because the yellow is so strong. The yellow areas look to be around a level 8 to me you need to lift out that band and try and get it all even before toning.
Even though violet + pearl a dress warmth it won't address a level 8 the same way it does a level 10.

Cool, thanks.
The perils of trying to bleach hair that is so dark!

I feel your pain! 😂
Just try not to overlap on to the already white ends.... Or else might just disappear! 😂

I feel your pain! 😂
Just try not to overlap on to the already white ends.... Or else might just disappear! 😂
Yeah haha.
The last time I bleached it, I dont think I even got it as light as this time. I put Igora Silverwhite (silver) on it to tone and although it was a bit purple at first, it did settle to a nice silver, at least for a few weeks. I might try that again.

Latest posts

Back