Toner on high lift tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twixabix

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a query about toners.. I am a hairdresser but freelance and I’m not as knowledgeable as some. [emoji848]will they do the same thing on a high lift tint ? As they do for bleach ? I want to go blonder myself than I have been for a while as I’ve been getting more and more grey I’ve been having bleach hi-lights for a while to break up the dark tint that I used to put on my roots and I had blonde ends that kind of ombré balayage look but I want to just lift up the last of dark now and go for an all over colour, the only problem is I’m worried the colour will be to warm, I don’t want to use bleach because it’s long, I have been using olaplex for a while but don’t want to risk the condition so would a toner do the same if I get it up to a warm 9 and them put a 9.1 or 8.1 ? I like most people am loving Caroline flacks hair at the moment and if I could be like hers I would be very happy. Hope someone can advise me. Thankyou

Hi everyone I have a query about toners.. I am a hairdresser but freelance and I’m not as knowledgeable as some. [emoji848]will they do the same thing on a high lift tint ? As they do for bleach ? I want to go blonder myself than I have been for a while as I’ve been getting more and more grey I’ve been having bleach hi-lights for a while to break up the dark tint that I used to put on my roots and I had blonde ends that kind of ombré balayage look but I want to just lift up the last of dark now and go for an all over colour, the only problem is I’m worried the colour will be to warm, I don’t want to use bleach because it’s long, I have been using olaplex for a while but don’t want to risk the condition so would a toner do the same if I get it up to a warm 9 and them put a 9.1 or 8.1 ? I like most people am loving Caroline flacks hair at the moment and if I could be like hers I would be very happy. Hope someone can advise me. Thankyou
Yes a toner will deposit over a highlift, but toners work different on different levels of hair. So obviously you'll get a much truer tone on the hair that's been highlighted more (level 10). On your hair that'll be lifted with a high lift tint, I would expect there will be a lot more warmth in the hair. If you're a level 8 or 9 after lifting your underlying tone will be yellow. 8.1 and 9.1 are typically green based. If you lay this over your yellow hair you will have a flat khaki blonde. You would be better off using a violet based toner. So in Wells (my preferred colour range) you would use 8/69 or maybe 9/60.

Yes a toner will deposit over a highlift, but toners work different on different levels of hair. So obviously you'll get a much truer tone on the hair that's been highlighted more (level 10). On your hair that'll be lifted with a high lift tint, I would expect there will be a lot more warmth in the hair. If you're a level 8 or 9 after lifting your underlying tone will be yellow. 8.1 and 9.1 are typically green based. If you lay this over your yellow hair you will have a flat khaki blonde. You would be better off using a violet based toner. So in Wells (my preferred colour range) you would use 8/69 or maybe 9/60.

Oh ok
So would you mix that with 1/9% ? I have noticed sometimes you recommend mixing it with the wella after colour conditioner as well 1.1.1. ?
Also I had a toner on it once that did this.
IMG_2762.JPG

Oops didn’t mean to send that twice or show all my pictures ‍♀️ also I didn’t like this colour so would the violet toner do this. I’m 50 and didn’t think it was appropriate for my age [emoji1354][emoji23]. It was left on for a long time as well.

Oops didn’t mean to send that twice or show all my pictures ‍♀️ also I didn’t like this colour so would the violet toner do this. I’m 50 and didn’t think it was appropriate for my age [emoji1354][emoji23]. It was left on for a long time as well.
The gloss (1.1.1) is used with illumina only. But yes I would always use 1.9%with colour touch to tone. But 8/69 is koleston perfect. You would use pastel developer with it. Violet won't go grey, it will only tone out the yellow. For grey you'd need blue and green tones with the violet.

Ok thankyou so much

Ok thankyou so much

Latest posts

Back