Toner use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balayage

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a toner from a local shop. But I have to ask how to use it correctly. After lifting my hair to clean 10 with bleach powder I wash them with silver shampoo and then place the toner (toner + 20 vol dev) or I use the toner after wash out the bleach? And do I use toner on damp hair or wet hair? Thanks.

What brand ? Usually I tone with 9vol, on damp hair once it has been shampooed - maybe don’t use purple shampoo before toning because it might grab too much on the freshly bleached hair then affect the toner, but if you feel it needs an extra boost after the toner then use the purple shampoo

What brand ? Usually I tone with 9vol, on damp hair once it has been shampooed - maybe don’t use purple shampoo before toning because it might grab too much on the freshly bleached hair then affect the toner, but if you feel it needs an extra boost after the toner then use the purple shampoo
It's Igora Vibrance Cendre Toner 9.5 - 1.

It's Igora Vibrance Cendre Toner 9.5 - 1.
You wash the bleach off. Shampoo once. Towel dry and then apply you colour mixed with the lowest developer suitable for the colour brand.

You wash the bleach off. Shampoo once. Towel dry and then apply you colour mixed with the lowest developer suitable for the colour brand.
I just changed to dialight 10.12 (you said Koleston Perfect 10.12 but I prefer dialight and I think the desired color is closed or almost same). Bleach my roots, shampoo with a normal shampoo or silver shampoo? Tower dry and apply toner.

This is my goal.
IMG_20190327_185440.jpeg

I just changed to dialight 10.12 (you said Koleston Perfect 10.12 but I prefer dialight and I think the desired color is closed or almost same). Bleach my roots, shampoo with a normal shampoo or silver shampoo? Tower dry and apply toner.
I reccomended koleston 10/16
Yes you still shampoo the bleach off, always shampoo bleach off, you don't layer colour over the top. Use a regular shampoo (ideally an anti oxy shampoo) then towel dry and tone. Rinse, shampoo if necessary and condition.

I reccomended koleston 10/16
Yes you still shampoo the bleach off, always shampoo bleach off, you don't layer colour over the top. Use a regular shampoo (ideally an anti oxy shampoo) then towel dry and tone. Rinse, shampoo if necessary and condition.
After all I used dialight 10.12 and my hair attrr all became exactly the color I wanted but with a lot of purple/perl (I think I overtoned). I think I will wait a few days for the color to fade and I will try KP 10.12 or just do a bleach bath and tone again. Thanks. [emoji1]

After all I used dialight 10.12 and my hair attrr all became exactly the color I wanted but with a lot of purple/perl (I think I overtoned). I think I will wait a few days for the color to fade and I will try KP 10.12 or just do a bleach bath and tone again. Thanks. [emoji1]
Be careful you don't over process your hair, if your toner is fading after a couple of days, your after care either isn't sufficient or your hair is already extremely porous!
If you are going to try wella you will need 10/16. As far as I know wella don't do 10.12

Be careful you don't over process your hair, if your toner is fading after a couple of days, your after care either isn't sufficient or your hair is already extremely porous!
If you are going to try wella you will need 10/16. As far as I know wella don't do 10.12
If it's overtoned, just wash it.

Latest posts

Back