Toner ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybeerose

Reaction score
Can anyone advise on what toner I should use ? My hair is really quite damaged through an unsuccessful trip to the salon before Christmas in which the 'colour expert' colour corrected my hair ( due to her turning it orange previously). Despite 2 attempts my hair remained orange at the roots and was muddy/khaki on the the rest of the hair. She then put highlights on top of this ! (I'd originally taken in pics of Cat Deeley for inspiration !). So I had a good cut and waited 8 weeks. 2 days ago I had a few hi lift tint pieces and lowlights of 6.13. I appreciate it will take time to achieve the colour I want and this has neutralised it better but I'm finding the front section where original platinum used to be before correction, is really ashey. Will this fase after a few more washes or will I/can I tone with a warmer colour without affecting the rest of my hair ? Thankyou for reading, hope anyone can advise xx

i would only use tempary colour ,not permanant and not semi permanant - COLOUR MOUSSE ,COLOURED SHAMPOOS AND SETTING LOTIONS .it should be easy to apply as well if you use a moose.

thankyou for replying ! can you recommend a product ? when my hair was blonde/white I used the schwartzcoph silver so is it a red I'm aiming to use now or a brown ? x

thankyou for replying ! can you recommend a product ? when my hair was blonde/white I used the schwartzcoph silver so is it a red I'm aiming to use now or a brown ? x

Hi, as liana was saying use only temporary colour
in between salon visits.

A hairdressing salon can sell you some coloured mousse but you will need something with pale golden tones,
you could even try mixing it with a bit of plain mousse till you get a very pale golde tone or a shade thats suitable for you,
then try a little bit on a strand of wet hair

this will wash out at each wash ,
but a bit may hold in
so be careful with mix and your application

(and while you are using the mousse
those other ashy tones will soon fade with each wash)
:)

Latest posts

Back