Toners - wet or dry hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i was taught that too in college, but you have to work by manufactures instructions to get best result.

If you've bleached the hair, there's nothing that's going to cause a barrier, that cuticle isn't shut, Demi permanents work mainly on the cuticle layer anyway. Think about it, we apply colour to condition hair everyday when a client walks in, this is no different.

Conditioners close the cuticle so prevent further damage and evens out porosity xx

Do you keep it on a few minutes and then rinse out?

I always spray on extreme CAT before toning. It evens out the porosity of the hair

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do you keep it on a few minutes and then rinse out?

Nope. I was told by L'Oréal and Redken that it is safe to leave in before toning.

Interesting. Thank you.

Nope. I was told by L'Oréal and Redken that it is safe to leave in before toning.

I use Antioxy conditioner before toning sometimes it's completely fine it evens out the porosity so nice even results on bleached hair! X

I always condition,rinse, towel dry it's easier to comb through for nice even finish.:biggrin:

Towel dry and apply fudge one shot spray to porous areas to prevent it grabing too soon. Also I often apply a stronger ratio to resistant areas and a more dilute ratio to porous. Fudge toners allow for the peroxide to
Be tripled for
Porous hair.

Depends how strong I want it..
Does anyone have any ideas what I could use to achive this colour?? Xx

Attachments

• 1396364425507.jpg
    1396364425507.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 172
Depends how strong I want it..
Does anyone have any ideas what I could use to achive this colour?? Xx

Pre bleach ombré and then tone with fudge pastel paint box. Use whiter shade of pale and add your desired amount of pink moon and blueberry hill if your inclined to. Little goes along way with the bright shades x

I don't want to start a new thread and I don't mean to interrupt this one! S'cuse me :)

Tips for keeping toner from fading too much between salon visits? Obviously I can't tell my clients how often they should or shouldn't wash their hair. I have noticed if they like to do a deep mask weekly it can fade faster.

Towel dried for me as well!

Latest posts

Back