Toning advice from light to medium blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishs

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a highlighted hair that is depth 9 to 10 but it is a bit too gold at some parts. She wants to tone down to a sligtler darker blonde and remove the brassiness.
I was thinking of toning with color touch 9/16 and 8/81 but I am wondering if it might still be too light? Should I add another colour with depth 8? If so, any suggestions of formulas? Thank you.

Hi everyone, I have a highlighted hair that is depth 9 to 10 but it is a bit too gold at some parts. She wants to tone down to a sligtler darker blonde and remove the brassiness.
I was thinking of toning with color touch 9/16 and 8/81 but I am wondering if it might still be too light? Should I add another colour with depth 8? If so, any suggestions of formulas? Thank you.
It depends what warmth you're referring to? Is it yellow or orange? Or a mixture of both?
9/16 + 8/81 will be a beautiful colour. But it's very cool almost silver grey. So if your client wants a more natural colour it donsider using 8/71 + 7/89 instead.

It depends what warmth you're referring to? Is it yellow or orange? Or a mixture of both?
9/16 + 8/81 will be a beautiful colour. But it's very cool almost silver grey. So if your client wants a more natural colour it donsider using 8/71 + 7/89 instead.
Thanks very much! Yes she wants a more natural blonde but more to the ash side, so I thought the cool tones would only fix the yellowness of the hair and bring to a more neutral tone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back