Toning down a very blonde client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sal125

Reaction score
Hi. Please can you advise me on Toni g down a very blonde slightly sensitised client. Currently has majirel 9 on roots but the ends have lightened so much. I will be using dialight. Should I use 9 and 9:3 with 6 vol or 9 vol or is this the wrong formula all together? She is 80% grey on top and sides and base 7 at the back. Thank you in advance

What do you mean by ‘sensitised’?
Always be very careful if the client has previously had a reaction to colour products.

If it was only recently lightened and you’re wanting to darken the ends slightly, I’d use a Semi rather than an oxidised colour so that it doesn’t exacerbate the situation.

Colour match with Dialight 9.3 or 9.3+Clear+6vol. Reduce the development time for porosity.

What do you mean by ‘sensitised’?
Always be very careful if the client has previously had a reaction to colour products.

If it was only recently lightened and you’re wanting to darken the ends slightly, I’d use a Semi rather than an oxidised colour so that it doesn’t exacerbate the situation.

Sensitised is also a L'Oréal term for porosity/elasticity :)

Sensitised is also a L'Oréal term for porosity/elasticity :)

That’s interesting. I didn’t know that and had assumed the OP was referring to a sensitive scalp rather than the condition of the hair.

Colour match with Dialight 9.3 or 9.3+Clear+6vol. Reduce the development time for porosity.
Thank you 🙏🏻 I followed your advice before and had a good result 👍🏻

Latest posts

Back