Toning down home bleached hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellylill

Reaction score
Ok so I have a client this week who last week pre-lightened her hair then put a platinum blonde colour over to tone it. Obviously there are white parts and more yellows parts and her hair is glowing! She likes it blonde all over, but wants it toning down. Any ideas on which toner to use, or I'm thinking of just putting a colour touch over it but not sure which one as don't want it too much darker. I suppose she just wants it more even?

Ok so I have a client this week who last week pre-lightened her hair then put a platinum blonde colour over to tone it. Obviously there are white parts and more yellows parts and her hair is glowing! She likes it blonde all over, but wants it toning down. Any ideas on which toner to use, or I'm thinking of just putting a colour touch over it but not sure which one as don't want it too much darker. I suppose she just wants it more even?

9/16 Kp 1 part Kp 2 parts pastel x

Thanks I thought 9/16 would be the best option, I just didn't want the already white platinum bits to be too ashy. Just had a thought actually about using Illumina. Maybe a mix of 10/36 and 9/60? Anyone mixed them together to tone before?

Before toning make sure all of her hair is bleached out to a uniform color (get all that yellow out.) If this lady were in my chair I'd first make sure that her hair is in good enough condition then spot bleach using Clairol BW2 w/ 10 volume while making sure to keep the product off the scalp checking the level of decolorization every 5 minutes.

I would use a 9.13 dia light.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a full head of bleach for the first time in years this week and it went that lovely familiar shade of canary yellow :) I used Matrix Colour Sync SPA and SPV and it toned it wayyyy down to a lovely creamy blonde :) no yellow in sight!

Latest posts

Back