Toning hair gone blue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
I dyed my friends hair yesterday (bleach) and used 10,81 colour fresh toner after wards the colour looked fine when I left as she wanted it ashy she has text me to say that it's gone a bit blue. I said it will just be from the toner and I advised her just to wash it a few times as she's going out tonight I can't go and do anything any advice I can give ?

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score

topcuts

Reaction score
I love it when my hair goes bluey. Takes me ages to get it like that. She should be grateful haha. Seriously, it will fade very quickly.

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
You've gotta be a bit more patient when waiting for answers lol

As for the blue hue, is it when her hairs wet or dry?
And shampooing a couple of times should do the trick, but if it's slightly blue when wet, it shouldn't look it dry

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
Sorry guys lol am a little inpatient.

It's when the hair is dry and only in a few parts from where i think it has grabbed maybe I should have just used the 0/6 but she did want it ashy.

I'll just suggest maybe when she washes it tonight do it like 4/5 times ?

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Sorry guys lol am a little inpatient.

It's when the hair is dry and only in a few parts from where i think it has grabbed maybe I should have just used the 0/6 but she did want it ashy.

I'll just suggest maybe when she washes it tonight do it like 4/5 times ?
Maybe not that much, depends what shampoo she uses?

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
She would normally use a toning shampoo anyway so I've said not to use that what would you recommend just a clarifying shampoo?

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
She would normally use a toning shampoo anyway so I've said not to use that what would you recommend just a clarifying shampoo?
A purple shampoo? I'd say that would be your best bet as it will strip out the toner but tone it itself, otherwise she maybe left with just prelightener

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
Yea sorry a purple shampoo. Oh cool I thought this would just make it more purple / blue thanks. It's so hard when its one of your friends lol.

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Yea sorry a purple shampoo. Oh cool I thought this would just make it more purple / blue thanks. It's so hard when its one of your friends lol.
Well I only recommend a purple shampoo for using once the toners faded because of this, if it's blue, the shampoo should strip it but keep it ash.

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
Just been round to see her it's not that bad at all think it will be ok once washed.

Nicky_Loves

Reaction score
I'm doing a girl 2morow, she's wanting full head foils quite blonde but really ashy...I thought of using 12/11...but what would uz recomend for a good ash on hair??
X

Fuzion

Reaction score
I dyed my friends hair yesterday (bleach) and used 10,81 colour fresh toner after wards the colour looked fine when I left as she wanted it ashy she has text me to say that it's gone a bit blue. I said it will just be from the toner and I advised her just to wash it a few times as she's going out tonight I can't go and do anything any advice I can give ?
I have to turn my friend's hair blue to get rid of the warmth, within 48 hrs it's gone so don't panic x

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
Thanks loads guys x

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
Also while we are here I'm doing a new client on Monday and she said she normally has "crystal" toner is this schwarzkopf? As im unsure I've never used it am I ok with my wella colour fresh? Might get 0/6 to be a bit safer though than the 10/81

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
I mean clynol

Latest posts