Toning hair gone blue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
I dyed my friends hair yesterday (bleach) and used 10,81 colour fresh toner after wards the colour looked fine when I left as she wanted it ashy she has text me to say that it's gone a bit blue. I said it will just be from the toner and I advised her just to wash it a few times as she's going out tonight I can't go and do anything any advice I can give ?

I love it when my hair goes bluey. Takes me ages to get it like that. She should be grateful haha. Seriously, it will fade very quickly.

You've gotta be a bit more patient when waiting for answers lol

As for the blue hue, is it when her hairs wet or dry?
And shampooing a couple of times should do the trick, but if it's slightly blue when wet, it shouldn't look it dry

Sorry guys lol am a little inpatient.

It's when the hair is dry and only in a few parts from where i think it has grabbed maybe I should have just used the 0/6 but she did want it ashy.

I'll just suggest maybe when she washes it tonight do it like 4/5 times ?

Sorry guys lol am a little inpatient.

It's when the hair is dry and only in a few parts from where i think it has grabbed maybe I should have just used the 0/6 but she did want it ashy.

I'll just suggest maybe when she washes it tonight do it like 4/5 times ?

Maybe not that much, depends what shampoo she uses?

She would normally use a toning shampoo anyway so I've said not to use that what would you recommend just a clarifying shampoo?

She would normally use a toning shampoo anyway so I've said not to use that what would you recommend just a clarifying shampoo?

A purple shampoo? I'd say that would be your best bet as it will strip out the toner but tone it itself, otherwise she maybe left with just prelightener

Yea sorry a purple shampoo. Oh cool I thought this would just make it more purple / blue thanks. It's so hard when its one of your friends lol.

Yea sorry a purple shampoo. Oh cool I thought this would just make it more purple / blue thanks. It's so hard when its one of your friends lol.

Well I only recommend a purple shampoo for using once the toners faded because of this, if it's blue, the shampoo should strip it but keep it ash.

Just been round to see her it's not that bad at all think it will be ok once washed.

I'm doing a girl 2morow, she's wanting full head foils quite blonde but really ashy...I thought of using 12/11...but what would uz recomend for a good ash on hair??
X

I dyed my friends hair yesterday (bleach) and used 10,81 colour fresh toner after wards the colour looked fine when I left as she wanted it ashy she has text me to say that it's gone a bit blue. I said it will just be from the toner and I advised her just to wash it a few times as she's going out tonight I can't go and do anything any advice I can give ?

I have to turn my friend's hair blue to get rid of the warmth, within 48 hrs it's gone so don't panic x

Thanks loads guys x

Also while we are here I'm doing a new client on Monday and she said she normally has "crystal" toner is this schwarzkopf? As im unsure I've never used it am I ok with my wella colour fresh? Might get 0/6 to be a bit safer though than the 10/81

Latest posts

Back