Toning hair never lasts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishs

Reaction score
Hi there. My hair is quite brassy and I always tone it with Colour touch, but it never seems to last. After a couple of months the hair is back to a brassy tone.
I never tried toning with permanent colour as I don't know if it would fix unwanted tones as well.
Anyone has any advice of how I can make it last longer? Perhaps a different product?

Thank you

Hi there. My hair is quite brassy and I always tone it with Colour touch, but it never seems to last. After a couple of months the hair is back to a brassy tone.
I never tried toning with permanent colour as I don't know if it would fix unwanted tones as well.
Anyone has any advice of how I can make it last longer? Perhaps a different product?

Thank you
A couple of months is more than what you're guaranteed to get. Tone fades, and unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it.
It's nature of the beast.
What shade do you use? And what is the end gold?

That's a bit disappointing! My hair tends to look quite goldy when I do highlights and it's quite hard to tone it to the blonde ash that I liken and because I have very long hair, I spend too much in toning because it becomes gold again quite quickly. At the moment I'm toning with 9/16 + 8/81.
I remember when I used to dye my hair, the colour would fade in onyl a few washes. I guess its quite porous.

That's a bit disappointing! My hair tends to look quite goldy when I do highlights and it's quite hard to tone it to the blonde ash that I liken and because I have very long hair, I spend too much in toning because it becomes gold again quite quickly. At the moment I'm toning with 9/16 + 8/81.
I remember when I used to dye my hair, the colour would fade in onyl a few washes. I guess its quite porous.
It sounds like your hair isn't being lifted enough. What's your natural level?

its a 6/7, dark blonde.

Latest posts

Back