Toning hair with /0 or /07?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Maria1985

Reaction score
This is for hair lightened to 9 from a 4.
If I wanted to work with warmth rather than neutralise it, would 9/07 and 9/0 be a good choice? By work with it I mean not trying to fight it, but also not adding to it. I am looking to harmonise the yellow-orange tones rather than neutralise them away.

Was thinking of using Shinefinity or Illumina.

Last edited:

Maria1985

Reaction score
Just bumping this up, cheers.

ronray

Reaction score
Just bumping this up, cheers.
Yes both will work nicely. Usually with a toner I'd go one shade below what your base level is.
Also /38 is a nice time to soften the warmth without completely neutralising.
Also the /97 is a lovely biscuit toned range

Maria1985

Reaction score
Yes both will work nicely. Usually with a toner I'd go one shade below what your base level is.
Oh fab! Thanks ever so much. I am excited to experiment with /38 and /97.

ronray

Reaction score
Oh fab! Thanks ever so much. I am excited to experiment with /38 and /97.
9/97 is quite pale in my experience.
I used it on a highlighted level 10 , it took the yellow out and cleaned it right up but didn't really leave much warmth behind.
But the other /97 shades are nice .
If you have a client who's a base 7 or 8 naturally 10/97 is a nice highlight.

MRSCPC1

Reaction score
Ron, can you help, toned using wella illumina, equal parts 10/69, 10/81 & 8/69. 1.9%. Hair has a khaki shade to it ?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    7.8 MB

ronray

Reaction score
Ron, can you help, toned using wella illumina, equal parts 10/69, 10/81 & 8/69. 1.9%. Hair has a khaki shade to it ?
I'm having difficulty seeing khaki in that clip. But best thing to do would be to use a deep cleansing shampoo a couple of times and see where that leaves you. If it's not enough, use bleach an water , this will remove the toner and probably leave you with a very yellow base , you'll probably need to retone , replace the 10/81 with 10/1.

ronray

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty seeing khaki in that clip. But best thing to do would be to use a deep cleansing shampoo a couple of times and see where that leaves you. If it's not enough, use bleach an water , this will remove the toner and probably leave you with a very yellow base , you'll probably need to retone , replace the 10/81 with 10/1.
You could also do this as a gloss rather than a toner. Which will leave a higher shine and the hair looking softer.
You do this by mixing 1part colour : 1part pastel/1.9% : 1 part invigo post colour treatment.

MRSCPC1

Reaction score
Thanks very much. Will use the wella cleanser first.

MRSCPC1

Reaction score
You could also do this as a gloss rather than a toner. Which will leave a higher shine and the hair looking softer.
You do this by mixing 1part colour : 1part pastel/1.9% : 1 part invigo post colour treatment.
Ron what shine finity could I use for a gloss toner finish? Rather than using 1.9%.

Maria1985

Reaction score
9/97 is quite pale in my experience.
I used it on a highlighted level 10 , it took the yellow out and cleaned it right up but didn't really leave much warmth behind.
But the other /97 shades are nice .
If you have a client who's a base 7 or 8 naturally 10/97 is a nice highlight.
Thank you, this is really helpful!

Latest posts