Toning hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erissa

Reaction score
Hi everyone..I was hopping if u could help me ..I have a lady who bleached her hair at home and the root and ends are blond platinum and has a yellow band in the middle of hair she doesn't want to bleach it again and I don't know what colour or toner use so I don't get grey or vilot in ends and roots ? Is 8/69 illumina works ? I'm using wella colour so if anyone advise me .. many thanks

Hi everyone..I was hopping if u could help me ..I have a lady who bleached her hair at home and the root and ends are blond platinum and has a yellow band in the middle of hair she doesn't want to bleach it again and I don't know what colour or toner use so I don't get grey or vilot in ends and roots ? Is 8/69 illumina works ? I'm using wella colour so if anyone advise me .. many thanks
I think you've got 2 options, either remove the band of yellow by lightening it, or you colour her hair like a puzzle, don't treat these bands of colour as one head of hair, colour the white bits with maybe an 8 and then the yellow band with 8/96, or you could try 9/0 and then 9/16 on the yellow band?
Personally I would remove the band of colour first

I think you've got 2 options, either remove the band of yellow by lightening it, or you colour her hair like a puzzle, don't treat these bands of colour as one head of hair, colour the white bits with maybe an 8 and then the yellow band with 8/96, or you could try 9/0 and then 9/16 on the yellow band?
Personally I would remove the band of colour first

Thanks so much.

Clients try and dictate to us but we know best you'll be safely lightening it and removing the band to make an easy canvas to tone :)

Yes, you must remove the band to match the rest of the raw hair's level or pre pig the lighter hair with a gold to match the darker band then apply darker target color. If you go darker to match the band, figure out what level it is
7f1e783f192c5f8ddf677a2270aaaff6--home-hair-coloring-menu.jpg

on the left side then go from there.

Latest posts

Back