Toning warmth out of brown hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezzii

Reaction score
So I recently did a clients hair, her hair was a level 4 in parts, and I’ve done a bleach bath, but she wanted foils as well after. So I did bleach bath. Then Fine foils. Then used a 6n and 6a matrix on her roots and pulled it through. Her hair lifted to a auburn colour. And the foils prob about a level 7.
I used a bit of 10.8 with some 9/0 wella to tone the blonde. It looks lovely, but I can still see some warmth in it, even after brass off treatment it’s still warm.. just wondering what anyone would use to remove unwanted tone.
I use matrix and wella usually. But I don’t mind really as I like to try other products

Normally, you choose a toner to match the level the hair has lifted to otherwise, there’s not enough colour pigment in a level 10 to properly neutralise the unwanted tones in say, level 8 bleached hair.

However, if it’s lifted to a 7 exposing orange pigment, then it will need a blue based level 7 toner.
The purple based toners are for level 8 hair and above to neutralise the yellow.

Always check back to your colour wheel to work out which colours will neutralise unwanted tones, if you’re not sure.

It was all I had in at the time, I wasn’t expecting to do the foils. Thought I would have enough 6a for whole roots and then pull through, so I had to make up with what I had. So I’m best getting like a 7a do you think

Latest posts

Back