Toning with 9/16

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhe

Reaction score
I have a client who is bleached to a 9 but fairly gold\yellow. Wants to be a creamy beigy blonde, should I tone with colour touch 9\16? Tried 9\16 and 10\0 equal parts and didn't do much so was thinking of trying 9\16 on its own x

I have a client who is bleached to a 9 but fairly gold\yellow. Wants to be a creamy beigy blonde, should I tone with colour touch 9\16? Tried 9\16 and 10\0 equal parts and didn't do much so was thinking of trying 9\16 on its own x

Yes try it on its own. It will be more intense.
If the hair is in good condition you could always use Koleston 9/16 with pastel welloxon or 3% welloxon.

I'd stay away from 9/8 as the hair may go khaki green. :mad: xx

Just used 10/8 and I lifted to pale yellow and there was no green!

Just used 10/8 and I lifted to pale yellow and there was no green!

Excellent. Did it turn out just like 10/8 or was there still some gold tone left in the hair.

Have you ever had hair go green when using a koleston or color touch /8 tone on bleached hair. Or does this only usually happen when coloring back bleached hair darker without pre-pigging.

When wet it looked like there was a tad bit of yellow, but when I dried it there was none there very clean white blonde with touch a grey. Wella said lift to a pale blonde. Left it on 15 mins roots, then at sink with warm water pulled through to ends for 5 mins. Lush!!

Never gone darker than 9 when
Using /8. I don't think theres enough /8 blue tone in the 10/8 or 9/8 to go green ! I was thinking of adding /81 to make it that bit silvery.

When wet it looked like there was a tad bit of yellow, but when I dried it there was none there very clean white blonde with touch a grey. Wella said lift to a pale blonde. Left it on 15 mins roots, then at sink with warm water pulled through to ends for 5 mins. Lush!!

Never gone darker than 9 when
Using /8. I don't think theres enough /8 blue tone in the 10/8 or 9/8 to go green ! I was thinking of adding /81 to make it that bit silvery.

Thanks for advice.
I have used color fresh 8/81 and color touch 8/81 on tinted level 9 hair, and it tones down the gold just nicely, but obviously it doesn't last very long as their semi's.
Here is a photo of my friend. I bleached his hair twice and toned using Luo color P01

Attachments

• 094.jpg
    094.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 1,367
Thanks for advice.
I have used color fresh 8/81 and color touch 8/81 on tinted level 9 hair, and it tones down the gold just nicely, but obviously it doesn't last very long as their semi's.
Here is a photo of my friend. I bleached his hair twice and toned using Luo color P01

Forgot to say. I never left him like this. I pre-pigged then returned him to his level 4 again afterwards.

Latest posts

Back