Toning with Luo Colour without lightening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fllipjango

Reaction score
I have highlighted hair with light brown base. It's a very dark mousy blonde, and ash toned. The toner in the blonde streaks has faded and they have lightened and turned a little warm, which they normally do after 6 weeks or so, and usually I go to the salon to have it toned between highlights. Long ago I used to be a hairdresser, though more of a cutter than a colourist so I'm not all that up on toning processes, but money is a little tight these days so I'd quite like to manage those inbetween sessions at home. I bought the toner and developer I thought they usually use on me in the salon- Luo Colour in 7.1 but am a little worried that the instructions say it can lift 2.5 -3 shades. As I'm only looking to refresh and slightly darken the blonde streaks and not lift the natural base tones, I'm worried this will lighten all my hair. My base is about a 6 tone. So, if I follow the instructions and use 1:1.5 toner:developer and leave on for 10 minutes as a colour refresher, will I end up lightening my 6 tone base to 7 tone? Or is this not long enough to lift? Or am I just using the wrong product/wrong mix? Help please!!!

Probably not long enough to lift if it's very warm you could use Luo po2 or po1 1 ash 2 blue ash or koleston 10.16 with pastel developer that comes up nice and creamy or gold well 12.1 with hot water also a nice toner to eliminate the brassyness

Probably not long enough to lift if it's very warm you could use Luo po2 or po1 1 ash 2 blue ash or koleston 10.16 with pastel developer that comes up nice and creamy or gold well 12.1 with hot water also a nice toner to eliminate the brassyness

We can't advise no hair pro's on professional products! Its one of the geek commandments, toning with highlift is also a dangerous game as it overloads the hair with to much tone and ammonia.

We can't advise no hair pro's on professional products! Its one of the geek commandments, toning with highlift is also a dangerous game as it overloads the hair with to much tone and ammonia.

Sorry, didn't read properly as original enquiry does state the enquiry is from a hairdresser, also po1,2 and koleston 10.16 isn't a highlight tint, please send me a copy or link to the geek commandments kindest regards

Im new to the site and I wondered why we weren't getting bombarded with joe public asking for shortcuts and hair advice! Phewwww!

Sorry, didn't read properly as original enquiry does state the enquiry is from a hairdresser, also po1,2 and koleston 10.16 isn't a highlight tint, please send me a copy or link to the geek commandments kindest regards

Scroll to the bottom of every page and on the left hand side you will see a grey box, click forum rules and that will take you to the Geek Comandments

Just so you dont get confused... 1 is blue ash and 2 is violet ash... dont wanna be putting po1 on yellowy hair...did that when i was training :green:

Latest posts

Back