Too long to heat up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanning_Beauty

Reaction score
Hi need a bit of advice. I have the kim lawless waxes ( strip and hot ) also have the hive heaters. It seems to take an age to heat up. I come in and out it on highest setting , them bring down to recommend setting. Two hours later it’s still not right ! Help x

I use the Hive digital heaters with Kim's wax and it doesn't take long at all. Sounds like your heater may be on the blink

Dumb questions. Should I be keeping lid on ?

I don't but I know lots do. I wouldn't have thought it would make that much difference if the heater was working properly

I don't but I know lots do. I wouldn't have thought it would make that much difference if the heater was working properly

I’m wondering if it’s because it’s in the pot and not poured straight in. Thanks PicklePie x

Ah yes that could be why. I always decant mine

Yes but decant the strip wax from the tin. The hard wax is just beads

I put a liner in and wax is put in that. Trying it now with lid on !

Perhaps the temperature of the room? I always leave the lid on and it does cool down quite a bit when removed. Also the hive heaters have a standby setting which I’ve now somehow managed to do accidentally. The light is on but the heat switches off and it goes hard. Be careful if that. I do find I need to turn hot wax up a bit higher though than recommended.

I tried to heat with lid on and it worked properly. Thanks everyone x

I have the hive heater, just in case you didn’t know about it - have you tried the fast heat setting? With the lid on, hold down the on button til it’s on, set to the temp it needs to be to work with, then hold the button down til it says ‘hi’ and let go. It will heat it at I think 90 for 15mins then go back to the set temp so you don’t have to monitor it. The hard wax is really slow for me to melt without this method.

I have the hive heater, just in case you didn’t know about it - have you tried the fast heat setting? With the lid on, hold down the on button til it’s on, set to the temp it needs to be to work with, then hold the button down til it says ‘hi’ and let go. It will heat it at I think 90 for 15mins then go back to the set temp so you don’t have to monitor it. The hard wax is really slow for me to melt without this method.

Oohhh never knew that. Will try tomorrow. Thank you x

Beads straight in the bucket and with the strip I take the bucket out and put the tin in. When it’s melted I pour in the bucket because the lid doesn’t fit with the tin in there. 20 mins fast heat then it should be totally melted and set to 70. I turn mine on at 7am and start waxing at 9.

Latest posts

Back