Too many layers of top coat with nail art!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicklg

Reaction score
I think I’m doing something wrong! When doing nail art (and working with layers) I’m applying topcoat each time to make sure I can wipe off if I make a mistake. This is great from the viewpoint I can’t really mess up as I can simply wipe mistakes away but the removal is proving a nightmare! I think I have got the wrong end of the stick whilst training.
Can anyone tell me how they do it?
Thanks for any help x

Have you tried filing the top coat prior to soaking to help with removal?

Don't topcoat in between! Once cured it won't wipe off anyway so when doing next layer of art even if you need to rectify a mistake it shouldn't remove cured gel. I use a corner of a stiff lint free wipe dampened with iso to erase mistakes too. Once all artwork finished you can topcoat then x

Have you tried filing the top coat prior to soaking to help with removal?
Hi,
Yes I do file topcoat every time, think I’ve misunderstood/misinterpreted directions!

Hi,
Yes I do file topcoat every time, think I’ve misunderstood/misinterpreted directions!
Sorry! Thank you for replying x

Don't topcoat in between! Once cured it won't wipe off anyway so when doing next layer of art even if you need to rectify a mistake it shouldn't remove cured gel. I use a corner of a stiff lint free wipe dampened with iso to erase mistakes too. Once all artwork finished you can topcoat then x

Thank you- I’ll do it your way next time. I sort of knew the way I was doing it wasn’t correct but it was reassuring me to think I had a ‘get out of jail’ card! I had found that mistakes wiped off without a trace over a topcoat and I got a bit hooked on that! Re education- I’m so glad I can ask these things here, thank you so much x

Would definitely say the same as above. Even flash curing for maybe 10 secs should be enough to set it so that you don't mess it up xx

Would definitely say the same as above. Even flash curing for maybe 10 secs should be enough to set it so that you don't mess it up xx
Thank you so much! X

Latest posts

Back