Too much blending!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
Every now and then I have a little problem of over blending my tips, resulting in clients nails coming off. I was just wondering, as i know scrubfresh and certain dehydrators shouldnt be applied to the tips as they weaken their strength. But originally I trained with IBD, and they had a little dehydrator/sanitiser that could be sprayed onto the nail after you've blended, not only to dehydrate but you could also check that when wet you had blended enough and it had no adverse effect on the nail tip. Now im using Brisa gel, I wondered if there was something similar available to prevent me from over blending and save myself time!

Thankyou for any help :hug:

Im glad you bought this up,so is it right when you have applied the tips and done the blending you do not use scrubfresh as this stage is what i do to remove any debris :grr:.At this point then do i just dust off then apply nail prep as im confused now :confused:

All prep is done first, the nails are scrubfreshed before applying your tips.
You can apply scrubfresh onto the nail plate only, after blending your tips by folding a nail wipe in half and ensuring you do not apply it to the tip.

Hi,iv said it wrong sorry this is how i do it

Remove polish etc
file natural to fit tip etc
scrubfresh nail plate
apply tip
cut to length
blend tip
dust off plush brush[This is when i wipe with scrubfresh again to make sure all debris has gone,is this where im going wrong plz?}
apply nail primer
apply overlay product etc

I got recommended on here a bit of scrubfresh wiped on nail to see if blended or not as I was having problems being able to tell if completely blended - so is this wrong then? If so, anyone know what else we could use as the plush brush is not enough to tell.:irked:

Every now and then I have a little problem of over blending my tips, resulting in clients nails coming off. I was just wondering, as i know scrubfresh and certain dehydrators shouldnt be applied to the tips as they weaken their strength. But originally I trained with IBD, and they had a little dehydrator/sanitiser that could be sprayed onto the nail after you've blended, not only to dehydrate but you could also check that when wet you had blended enough and it had no adverse effect on the nail tip. Now im using Brisa gel, I wondered if there was something similar available to prevent me from over blending and save myself time!

Thankyou for any help :hug:
You shouldn't be having a problem with client's nails coming off from overblending because the product is where the strength lies not the tip.
Are you building up your apex enough?

I've used Brisa for nearly 2 years now and haven't ever found the need to use anything more than a dusting brush after blending to check that the tip is blended.

Do you think you're being too hard on yourself and making more work for yourself re the blending?

I seem to be spending ages trying to blend. Regardless of what system im using or have used in the past. Yes I do think im making more work than necessary for myself and i stress myself out a little making sure the tips are perfect.

As far as im aware my apex's seem fine. In the past ive had problems with different gel systems regarding gel adhesion to the natural nail and had clients returning left right and centre with several nails missing etc after a couple of days. Im not 100% sure where the problem lies.

Are they missing whole nails? as in, not just the tip gone, but the whole enhancement.

More recently its been the whole nail. Otherwise its normally the tip has ripped across where it was blended and the gel cracking with it.

If it's the whole nail that suggests they weren't on properly to begin with, not if they're off within a couple of days. Double check your prep and make sure you're removing all of the non living tissue and removing all traces of the cuticle remover.

I would say (without seeing the nails) that if the gel is cracking at the stress point that you're not building your apex strong enough.

hth's a bit

Thanks for your help Sandi. I'll have a play and adjust my techniques slightly and see how I get on. I may also stock up on some more tips, suited for different nails.

Thanks again!

I got recommended on here a bit of scrubfresh wiped on nail to see if blended or not as I was having problems being able to tell if completely blended - so is this wrong then? If so, anyone know what else we could use as the plush brush is not enough to tell.:irked:

Im not really having blending problems but i thought by wiping off with scrub fresh is a good idea to remove any debris before overlay is made on top,would this be wrong sandi do you think.I just thought the more you prepare before the overlay the better??:confused:

Im not really having blending problems but i thought by wiping off with scrub fresh is a good idea to remove any debris before overlay is made on top,would this be wrong sandi do you think.I just thought the more you prepare before the overlay the better??:confused:
Scrubfresh contains acetone and if it goes on the tips then it will crack them or give them micro fractures.
The only thing you need to remove debris from the nails after blending is a dust brush, remove all the dust and then continue with application.
Different systems require different products, but acetone based product and tips don't go together, regardless of the brand.
hth's

Latest posts

Back