Too much choice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodacious

Reaction score
As great as choice is how do you select which products you want to offer.

Do you all keep to one brand or branch out with a few differnet ones.

Being new to this I am still getting to grips with which gel's, polishes and stuff to use, so have you any tips on what to avoid or what is a deffinant MUST have item??

I used to think it was good to have all one named product, but then i found that there will be other products you get on well with, so its personal choice.

I think it gives a better impression if the majority of your products you offer are all the same make, but then that doesn't stop you stocking others and only bringing them out if you feel they would be better suited to that client.

Hope this helps:|

A good "rule of thumb" for me is if I advise a product for at home use, I carry it. Solar oil is a must have for me.

I'm not running a business at the moment, but another thing you need to think about is how much of your business's cash you want to tie up in stock. You've just got to be careful that you leave yourself enough cashflow to actually run the business, buy new stock, pay bills, pay wages, etc. Just another thought! xxx

Started only with LCn products but I have now switched to nailtiques for the natural nail as it is so easy for clients to use and has great retail potential. I also now sell Orly polishes as well. I think it makes you look as though you are always looking for something new and not standing still.

I also used to think you only should carry one complete line....but you do have to learn through trial and error what you like and what you don't like. The best thing is to try whatever it is you use on yourself. You'll be the best critic because you're the professional!! I like Tammy Taylor sanitizers, and disinfectants, and her cuticle oils. But I like Seche for their Top, and Base coat. They make my clients polish last a loooong time!! I also like sticky base coats like Orly's Bonder, and Creative's Sticky. For basic pedicure, I like Gena products. And for my spa pedicures, I use Creative stuff. I alsi found a great company that makes chocolate products. So I have chocolate mani/pedi's. For Polish, Americans looove and demand OPI and Essie. We once had Creative, and Zoya polishes, but they just sat there. Cuccio has an excellent milk and honey system, and I have that. I think it's great to have a tasty menu of services. For enhancements....I use Backscratchers for wraps (the best), Tammy Taylor for acrylic (but I'm training for Creative), and I want to use either Star Nail or IBD for gels. For strengtheners, I've used Qtica, Nailtiques, Nail Tek, and Nail Envy. Different strengthers work for different people. Once again, Trial and Error. Good Luck.
Diya

Latest posts

Back