Too much spray

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lktanning

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I've been spray tanning for a while now.

I currently use around 100ml per spray tan.. I use LA Tan and as this is a good priced product my profit margins aren't effect too badly. However, from what I ready I think this is almost DOUBLE what I should be using!

I want to start looking at more expensive brands, however I think this little problem may hold me back is it may not be cost effective.

Can anyone PLEASE give me some advice on this subject!

Any help is much appreciated!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The only advice is simply turn your gun down . They must be soaking ?! ! What machine have you got ? Xxx

The only advice is simply turn your gun down . They must be soaking ?! ! What machine have you got ? Xxx

I agree - id definitely turn down the flow coming from your gun ...
(And you should only need to spray the client once)
I usually spray client once ... Then while I'm drying my client off I check to make sure that all areas have been sprayed and if I think any area has been missed or is too light then I'll spray just that specific area ...
Xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I only spray once! My dial on the back of the gun is quite tight? Theres only a centermeter between the trigger and the gun handle? Xxx

I only spray once! My dial on the back of the gun is quite tight? Theres only a centermeter between the trigger and the gun handle? Xxx

To much . It should only depress about 2-3 mm 's !! ( if you have a maximist anyway !)

Tighten it up .

Do you do a couch roll test before ?

Thanks I'll try that! That's been really useful thank you.. Was contemplating buying a new gun so hopefully this will mean I don't have to xxx

Thanks I'll try that! That's been really useful thank you.. Was contemplating buying a new gun so hopefully this will mean I don't have to xxx

You re welcome . Let us know how you get on :)

Sent from my iPad

I was going to say LA users usually spray twice but if you don't then that's a lot to use. I found after my training it was a lot of trial and error and realised the training didn't cover enough of 'how much' should actually come out. I was very frustrated and phoned them a lot for advice.
I gaged it by how much overspray there was and get turning it down till I felt it was right and the very informative Steve from Nouvatan has put a video on here showing the couch roll test which explains the difference of the settings and outcomes.

Thanks for all your help! LA is probably half the price of other solutions which is why it hasn't been a huge problem but it would be nice to get even more for my money! I was taught to do the couch roll test so I'll do that from now on! Xxx

Latest posts

Back