Too old to train

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone.
So... I've always been passionate about nails. I was due to train at college in my teens, circumstances meant that didn't happen. My passion didn't die and in my 20s I had a few private lessons for pure enjoyment... fast forward to now, I find myself a single mum to a 1 year old, and when he naps im busy practicing. I just love it. I'm not bad for someone who's not touched acrylic in 20 years but I certainly wouldn't dare touch someone else nails.
So my question is ... am I too old to consider training with the hope of turning this into something lucrative, or should I keep it as a fun hobby? X
You are never too old I am 63 and recently passed my sweedish deep tissue massage,including Tai foot and indian head.
I am just in the process of doing my facial massage and loving it all go for it😊👍

I trained at 47. Later in my career I was trained by a lovely 69 year old who said she’d retired from nursing aged 58 and then retrained in Beauty. She’s still going strong, well into her 70’s sharing her depth of knowledge and passion.

Oh what unfortunate timing for you. Things will pick up im sure. Passion is infectious you'll be great. May i ask how you trained and how long did it take ? Xx
I am in Australia so it's probably not relevant but over here I did a 12 month course (1 night a week plus study and practice) in Nail Technology which is accredited.

Ner definitely not! Ive just done a 2 day fast track course in March- on gel nails and extensions and i loved it! Im 40 and work part time in social care. Covid made me do something i wanted to do and step out of the comfort zone. Im still practising on myself and family to get good, but loving it!

Hi everyone.
So... I've always been passionate about nails. I was due to train at college in my teens, circumstances meant that didn't happen. My passion didn't die and in my 20s I had a few private lessons for pure enjoyment... fast forward to now, I find myself a single mum to a 1 year old, and when he naps im busy practicing. I just love it. I'm not bad for someone who's not touched acrylic in 20 years but I certainly wouldn't dare touch someone else nails.
So my question is ... am I too old to consider training with the hope of turning this into something lucrative, or should I keep it as a fun hobby? X
Go girl..never too late to start nails. I was a late bloomer also. Starting when I was older was excellent because I knew exactly what I wanted and had a bit of life's wisdom behind me when I needed it. Nails are fantastic at any age so I do hope you will give it a go.

Latest posts

Back