Too old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunnie

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Please give me your honest opinions, I'm 28 expecting my third child and thinking of making the move from accountancy into beauty.

Do you think its too late for me to change my career? its something i wish I had started 10 years ago!

28 old? Bless you. I was 40 when I started :wink2:

You are young!!! :eek:

I was expecting to see a much higher age when I clicked on this post. And even then my answer would have been:

"No, you are not too old. Go for it!"

I was 27 when I started and I never thought for a minute I was too old. Good luck :)

Thanks ladies, I was worried i was past it but knowing that others have made the move when they were old is very encouraging.

Thank you xxx

Thanks ladies, I was worried i was past it but knowing that others have made the move when they were old is very encouraging.

Thank you xxx

Cheeky mare lol. I wasn't old at 40 and I'm not old now at 50. It's just numbers

A lot of peeps haven't even decided what to do for their first career at the age of 28! And if you think 40 is old then.... you're defo still very young!

It's never ever too late to try something new and if you tell yourself it's too late, that's not being 'too old' it's being scared to make the change and do something new. Changing your career is a massive step and can be very daunting, but can be the most fulfilling and rewarding thing you ever do. I really do believe that you'll never regret the things you do, only the things you don't.

Go for it, best of luck and less of the granny bashing!

Lol @granny bashing!
28 is certainly not too old!!! I've just completed my nail tech course and I'm 40 and don't feel old !
Go for it and good luck xx

Hahaha. What a funny post. I was 32 when I started my beauty career. I'm 47 (this week) and I certainly don't feel old at all. Infact I still feel about 20.Hehe.
If you want a career in beauty just go for it. Why on earth you feel too old at 28 is beyond me??

age has nothing to do with it! as long as you realise that you will have to put a lot of effort and time into getting it right, it doesn't happen overnight! All i would say is that maybe wait until you have had your baby and settled into a routine before thinking about taking on something new....please dont think that going down the beauty/nails route is the easy option!

good luck xx

Sorry I meant older lol xxx

I have 2 kiddies already so I realise it will be hard work, but I love beauty and I think it you feel passionate about something then you can make it work.

Deffo not the easier route, but its something i have always wanted to do.

Thankyou everyone for the advice much appreciated :)

I blame xfactor for their over 25's category full of people saying this is their last chance to make something of their lifes, get a grip!!!

We are not living in Victorian times ffs, most people should reasonably expect to live into their 80's and beyond (providing they aren't absuing their bodies). Retirement age is 65 and probably will be even higher by the time the OP is thinking about hanging up her nail files!

Op you are no where near old and neither are people in their fortys who would work in they industry for another 20+ years!!

One of my friends mums had three careers during her working life, she started as a hairdresser, after 15 years changed to be a fitness instructor and then after another 15 years retrained as a solicitor! I actually think that sounds fab, who says you have to have just one career in your whole life?

Definitely not too old. I'm just starting out and I'm 33!

Im 27 and starting an NVQ 2 in Beauty Therapy in September :) I have 1 daughter and plan on working the rest of my future kids in around my future job :biggrin:

Without wishing to offend the younger geeks out there (as I know some of them are brilliant and inspiring), I think that sometimes those who are more mature (not old lol) can make better therapists due to the life experiences they can bring to the profession and their clients.

Go for it, I was in my 30s when I started out in beauty (ended up with own salon), and now, in my very late 40s have changed career yet again (although I do intend on sticking with this one as it comes with a good pension which I seriously needed to consider) :eek:

Flippin' heck, I was expecting you to say you were 70 or something!! lol
I'm 28 and taking a side step into the world of hair and beauty. Sod age, I think if you work your ass off to be the best you can possibly be then you'll be laughing!!

Good luck in your new career!!x

I'm 60. I trained at the age of 57. Proud of both these statistics.

Have a fab career!

Latest posts

Back