Too Slow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juje

Reaction score
Hi Folks, Would some of you be good enough to tell me how long it takes (or in my case should take) for you to do a new full set of l&p and also how long it takes you to rebalance/infill and backfill. Have been doing nails for a year and my speed does not seem to be getting any faster which I find very frustrating.:irked:

Hi Folks, Would some of you be good enough to tell me how long it takes (or in my case should take) for you to do a new full set of l&p and also how long it takes you to rebalance/infill and backfill. Have been doing nails for a year and my speed does not seem to be getting any faster which I find very frustrating.:irked:

It takes me around 3 qtrs to an hour to do infills and anything from 1 to 2 hours for a rebalance, of course this all depends on the state of the nails when they come in. I can honestly say though that this is the one thing that took me a very long time to get together. My rebalances used to take me double the time to do than a new set. Its the same thing as with everthing else to do with nails, its just practice. In the early days you can get a bit carried away with filing the product down and removing way too much product than you need to. Have a look at Gigi's tutorial and it will probably give you lots of tips. The most important thing is to not let it stress you out or dread every time you do one as the stress will just slow you down. Take your time and speed will come with practice.

Hi dont worry it still takes me up to 2 hours for a full set, but hopefully with the new PopIts it will be very much faster,go and have a look at the PopIts threads and have a read also here is some links you might want to check out. But keep in mind PopIts wont help you very much if you havent already mastered what you already do!
http://www.salongeek.com/training/63348-popits-your-questions-answered.html

http://www.salongeek.com/training/63349-popits-step-easy-step.html

http://www.salongeek.com/training/63347-what-popits.html

I never really liked L&P until Poppits. I usually use gel but today I used L&P for the first time in 2 years and did a full set using poppits in 45 minutes.

Tonight I have just done a new set of tip & overlay with pink and white l&p in 1 hour 10 minutes. I take the same amount of time to do a French rebalance or backfill (re-aligning the white) but for a completely natural looking nail, an infill in just natural l&p would take me 30-40 minutes.

A natural nail (tip and overlay) would take me around 55 minutes.

I'm not talking PopIts here.

Edit to add I've been doing nails over 4 years now. Concentrate on the overall result not the speed, you will get quicker in time, but probably quite a lot of time lol

Have been doing nails for a year and my speed does not seem to be getting any faster which I find very frustrating.:irked:

give yourself a break flower - times will come down with practice

as they say "dont run before you can walk"

when i first started it took me about 2 hours to do a set of nails, but my times are now 1 hour for a full set - it really does take time flower. you remind me so much of myself - i wanted to do the perfect set in the shortest time.............and guess what

I STILL CANT

:hug:

don't get too disheartened yet hun a year isn't a very long time, i think its very hard to get your timings down unless your doing nails all day evryday if you have few clients here and there it will take longer but you will get there hun stick with it xx

Hey. I have been doing them for just few months now, and it takes me around 3 hours for a full set, so don't worry about that. I am learning to cut corners here and there, and what i need to speed up from this site and reading other people's experiences. Also, most of my time goes to filing and doing smile lines (for example) so i tend to focus on speeding that up. I saw videos of people where they do smile lines in like 30 seconds for example :p While it takes me around 5 minutes for 1 :)))

Hang in there, and know, there's always someone worse then you LOL (me) :p

Latest posts

Back