Too warm after pre pigging and tint back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiatia22

Reaction score
Hi, I did some lowlights in my own level 10 Bleached hair. I applied a bit of indola gold mousse to foils, applied matrix color sync 8wn with a bit of 8 n. Wanted a warm 8/0 but it. Went more of a.8/04 Should I have just applied 8n over the gold mousse? Thanks xx

Last edited:
You wanted a warm 8/0? An 8/03 then?

Sorry when I said warm I meant I didn't want it too flat. A natural 8/0 would have been great, but. It went more copper. I'm always scared of khaki ash results so think I'm over doing the warmth. Should I have just put 8n on top of pre pig. Would that be OK?

I think mixing the WN with the N (e.g. 1/2 + 1/2) would have given you a balanced result already, I think the mousse was the problem.

I agree with Adam.

The mousse was either too dense a tone or you probably didn't need to prepig.

I think mixing the WN with the N (e.g. 1/2 + 1/2) would have given you a balanced result already, I think the mousse was the problem.
Oh I see, no prepig just 1/2 of each would of worked. Think I'm over thinking. 1/2 of people say must pre pig 1/2 say no its OK with quasi. Then matrix helpline saying must prepig on very light hair. My heads in a spin lol. Thank you for your help xx

The Wn would be culprut of the copper outcome. For levels 7,8,9, for tintback
,its best to stick with the missing gold pigments especially when applying a N shade for target color. The N shade has the perfect balance of red,yellow,red,pigments needed for that levels true balance. The gold mousse if just pure gold no darker than a lv.8, would be good for filling the porous hair from prior bleaching and wouldnt over grabb any unwanted color just gold. Just a lv.8N would be needed on completly dried hair applied about 10 mins after mixing up to avoid the lifting stage and go straight on to the depositing stage.

When you look at a target color in this case a 8N, you would detect no warmth to it but a neutral cooler tone or what I call balanced ash. As color it has the correct amount of red needed from the RGB makeup.I typically don't bother with any warmth not gold/yellow untill a lv.5 or darker.. I havr found that a 50/50 mix of say 6G+6N is adequate for tintbacks/lo-liting without prepig unless hair is more porous needing the extra gold to fill it in for the base to stick better/last longer.

You don't need to pre pig with ColorSync. Unless darkening over 3 levels.
I use 8wn as a lowlight and it's really lovely

I'm using wella brand I want to go from blond to red 5/46 what will I pre pig it with first

I'm using wella brand I want to go from blond to red 5/46 what will I pre pig it with first
Im a bit confused with lowlights too, I used goldwell half 7gb half 7n with colorance developer they looked lovely,then washed straight down the sink:mad: redid with colorance lowlights nowhere near so prety but stayed in would anyone know why, am I just being dense:confused:

Latest posts

Back