Took my CV for a job and I'm now gutted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystal colleen

Reaction score
So I took my cv into a salon to give it to them and see if they had any jobs available and was basically told I was to fat and wouldn't fit in to there image.

I mean how bloody rude is that I'm like a size 12-14 and have lost 2 stone and why should the size of someone actually matter I mean I can move around and do not have any problems it's not like I couldn't do my job properly lol.

I'm hardly a monster x

That's awful the same has happened to me in the past only it was River Island I was applying for, you had a lucky escape, imagine what they'd be like to work for :eek:

Omg that is shocking! Weight had nothing to do with it! I might aswell give up now so ha :)

How exactly did they word it?

Is this not discrimination (sp)

Omg that is sooo disrespectful!! Who ever said that deserves a good punch!! Xx

Jeez, I don't get some companies, size does not matter, you are there to do a job and as long as you are fit and well to do it, what else matters. Never mind their manners. How boring to have a salon that are all match sticks he he.

Don't get disheartened there are salons that are not "sizeist", if that is even a word lol.

I fully sympathise, it seems that nowadays we have to starve ourselves into size 6 clothes. One of the Salons I freelance at has two girls there that can't be more than a size 6. Both tiny, pretty and really nice girls but I feel like a house next to them and I am also only a size 12/14.
Try not to let it get to you too much though. Remember you need to have some substance if you don't want your Gary dragging you along on walks. LOL

How exactly did they word it?

Is this not discrimination (sp)

I said hi I'm here to hand in my cv as I'm looking to see if you had any job vacancies.She looked me up and down and said we have got a vacancy but I'm afraid you would not fit into this salon.I asked why and she said we like to employ staff that fit in with our image and I said what image is that and they said we employ people who are slim and oozzzzeeee a healthy lifestyle and look.it's not like I applied to be a personal trainer or nothing lol

Bloody hell, does she not realise that's offensive!
Even if she thinks that she shouldn't say it!

I feel sick to my stomach I was so embarrassed I really was.I mean I have nice hair,makeup,clothes,smelled nice etc.

I would look huge next to someone that is size 6 but I'm not fat I've got boobes small ish tummy curvy hips and a booty but I'm not massive.

How shallow are some people though I'm a tually quite upset and I really dont get upset x

I feel sick to my stomach I was so embarrassed I really was.I mean I have nice hair,makeup,clothes,smelled nice etc.

I would look huge next to someone that is size 6 but I'm not fat I've got boobes small ish tummy curvy hips and a booty but I'm not massive.

How shallow are some people though I'm a tually quite upset and I really dont get upset x

Il sorry if that was me I would of gone ballistic. I would of had it out with her there an then. Who does she think she is telling u that your not 'image perfect enough' I'm sorry but wen a stick thin women is Not living a 'healthy' lifestyle. If u walk down the street these days most women u see will be a comfortable HEALTHY size 10/12/14 and tbh I don't even think 16 is big. It's people's natural body shapes and if your comfortable that is more confident than anything. If u do the job properly and safely then your just as good as the next tom dock and harry. Oh god I would of got her told. Oooze healthy pffft whole loads of b******t! Don't worry your too good to work there on to the next place babe!

Xxx

Il sorry if that was me I would of gone ballistic. I would of had it out with her there an then. Who does she think she is telling u that your not 'image perfect enough' I'm sorry but wen a stick thin women is Not living a 'healthy' lifestyle. If u walk down the street these days most women u see will be a comfortable HEALTHY size 10/12/14 and tbh I don't even think 16 is big. It's people's natural body shapes and if your comfortable that is more confident than anything. If u do the job properly and safely then your just as good as the next tom dock and harry. Oh god I would of got her told. Oooze healthy pffft whole loads of b******t! Don't worry your too good to work there on to the next place babe!

Xxx

This is exactly it you hit the nail on the head.I didn't want to make a scene trust me I'm a fiery person but the salon had a good few clients in it and I didn't want to tarnish my professionalism.I'm sure some of the clients would have though bad of her for saying it she wasn't quiet when she said it either so that's good enough for me.

Xxx

Xxx

I agree! I know in this industry its important to look good but thats got nothing to do with weight! If i went to a hairdresser i'd be looking at her hair, same if i went to a nail technician i'd be looking at her nails! Even if you was a size 20 it doesn't mean to say your not good at your job! Xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

That's really bad that she's made you feel like that...obviously not realising that healthy doesn't automatically mean size 4. I've lost weight and still working on getting rid of the rest.
They obviously don't know a good thing when they see one and its their loss.

Discusting! And her loss hun! Xx

That is just absolutely shocking behaviour :mad:

Disgusting outrageous I'm assuming they where all perfect specimens of human beings? Well in their heads they were!!! People with ugly souls are not beautiful name and shame them :)

Out of order!

But I guess on the bright side you don't have to work with these people! Can you imdagine if they hired you and then would make remarks like that all the time??

Their loss!

That's awful crystal!!! You deserve better than that, at least when you get your job they'll want you for the true professional that you are. Xxx

Words fail me right now!!! How bl**dy, B*ggery, B*llocking Rude!!!!! Big hugs X

Latest posts

Back