tooth enamel being used as acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeldana

Reaction score
has anyone herd of some nail bars using tooth enamel in sted of fibergladd, acrylic or gel and claming it is i herd about it and had a client a couple of days ago saying that the lady that done her nails told her that your not ment to have infild but a soke off every 4 weeks and charged her £60 for acrylic every 4 weeks inc the price for the soke off???? my boss dont the soke off for her as she said she wanted to start again and it took her 2 and a half hours to do and whatever was used i dont think it was acrylic it was very very thick and dident soke of one of the other nail tec that work with me realy believes it was tooth enamel has any one else herd of this your insites to this will be much apprechated

has anyone herd of some nail bars using tooth enamel in sted of fibergladd, acrylic or gel and claming it is i herd about it and had a client a couple of days ago saying that the lady that done her nails told her that your not ment to have infild but a soke off every 4 weeks and charged her £60 for acrylic every 4 weeks inc the price for the soke off???? my boss dont the soke off for her as she said she wanted to start again and it took her 2 and a half hours to do and whatever was used i dont think it was acrylic it was very very thick and dident soke of one of the other nail tec that work with me realy believes it was tooth enamel has any one else herd of this your insites to this will be much apprechated

i think you have the wrong end of the stick.
you are probably refering to mma acrylic which is used for making dentures, some places are using it instead of safe ema acrylic.
use the search on this site and look up MMA it will explain the whole thing to you.

hmmm ill def check that out

yes that sounds like it as i have had a lot of clients say that it realy hert to have there naild dont witch should never be the case its a real shame coz its giving us all a bad name

yes that sounds like it as i have had a lot of clients say that it realy hert to have there naild dont witch should never be the case its a real shame coz its giving us all a bad name

well not at least you have accurate information.
it maybe a good idea to print it out and pass it on to your colleagues and clients.
all nail techs should be educated on the mma issue.
and clients need accurate information so that they can avoid the places that use it.

ok i will be doing that thanks for pointing me in the rite direction:lol:

Latest posts

Back