Tooth Gems - can you use nail gems??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if you can use normal nail gems and nail glue to apply gems to teeth, or do you have to use something different? they look the same to me but not sure - if so, is there anything special you have to do to apply them or do you just wipe the tooth and stick the gem on?

Thanks

Fakin it said:
Hi, does anyone know if you can use normal nail gems and nail glue to apply gems to teeth, or do you have to use something different? they look the same to me but not sure - if so, is there anything special you have to do to apply them or do you just wipe the tooth and stick the gem on?

Thanks
Hi hunny: i dont think its as simple as that. I think the tooth needs preparing and also it wouldnt be nail glue in the mouth.

I think Carole is right, i would say that the gems are the same but not the glue and you need to prep the tooth (not sure if scrub fresh will work) lol...they do sell them in capital tho for £5 for 2 gems and tooth prep.

Vicky xx

Fakin it said:

Thanks

vicky said:
I think Carole is right, i would say that the gems are the same but not the glue and you need to prep the tooth (not sure if scrub fresh will work) lol...they do sell them in capital tho for £5 for 2 gems and tooth prep.

Vicky xx
Personally i reckon it would be well risky to do anything in the mouth without the proper training and certificate to prove it - i can hear the word "litigation" ringing in my ears, lol.

Fakin it said:

Thanks

Hiya,
Its dental glue that is used not nail glue Lol
You can get small kits to try

Hi hun
the tooth first has to be etched with a dental etchant.....the gem is then applied with a bonding cement (2parts that need to be correctly mixed)....
hth

ok thanks for all the responses, somehow didnt think it would be as easy as sticking a nail gem on! lol

Fakin it said:
ok thanks for all the responses, somehow didnt think it would be as easy as sticking a nail gem on! lol
Nothing's ever that simple is it, Sherrie :lol:

Fakin it said:
palms do a kit for about 11 quid that does 25 i think. :cool:

Nothing I try ever seems simple! lol..... 11 quid doesnt sound bad though, where do i find palms?

£5.00 at capital for 2 even better...!!

Fakin it said:
Nothing I try ever seems simple! lol..... 11 quid doesnt sound bad though, where do i find palms?

vicky said:
£5.00 at capital for 2 even better...!!
Is there a website for Palm or Capital i did purchase a little kit from C&D Hair and Beauty suppliers which is quite good, but must say i havent tried it yet x

But do palms train you?

I certainly wouldn't want an untrained person messing around in my mouth :rolleyes:

Fakin it said:
telephone 020 849 8062 :)

make sure it is a glass (swazzzzkriki ziski or something can remeber the spelling!!) gem not acrylic and does not have a sticky backing

Fab Freak said:
But do palms train you?

I certainly wouldn't want an untrained person messing around in my mouth :rolleyes:
I'm with you on this Lou - its bad enough having a dentist poking around :)

I'm afraid i wouldn't let anyone near my mouth till i new they were trained.

I dont even like the dentist going near mine.....lol.:suprised:

Hi Guys,

the crystals that are used for the smile gems are swarkovski, and the ones that came in my kit were in fact bigger than the swarkovski gems i use on the nails. I however prefer the smaller gems, and have used them instead of the bigger ones that came with my kit. Hope this helps.

Michelle

P.S I bought my kit, which is a complete kit with 250 smilegems, dental glue, cotton pads, tooth cleanser special tweezers etc etc for approximately £165 from ellisons.

you do need to prep tooth it doesnt take long and the crystals should be schwarski. (spelling of this not good) Some insurance companies need certificates of training others dont, lots of kits on market. It is an easy process and takes minutes and depending on who you get your products from the profit margin is good.
good luck

Latest posts

Back