Tooth Gems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen_SCV

Reaction score
I have been pondering adding tooth gems to services I will be offering when I go mobile for some time with lots of "well maybe, maybe not" thoughts. However, whilst just sat having my hair dyed, my hairdresser has just told me she has been trying to get one for ages but no-one in the area is offering the service, so now I'm back to thinking maybe I should get into this.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this? Is it a good service to offer? Does BABTAC insurance cover them? ..... and anything else anyone thinks may be useful advice :)

Karen

Hi-ya :)
Ive bin doing smile gems for about a year now, they r a good side line 2 ur business & quick & easy 2 do.
U train from a video then sent a diploma on completion.
No1 did insurance when i trained, clients signed a disclaimer.
Now u can get insurance from Beauty Direct. :)
Hope this helps you :)

Hello,

I purchased the starter kit about a yr & a half ago from Smilegems for a little over £200. Personally, I wish I hadn't bothered!! I am also mobile (evenings only) doing about 2-4 sets of nails a week & I think I have done no more than 10 in a yr & a half (teeth that is lol)!!

It might be really popular in your area though, although I do think they are not as popular now as they were (?)

If you go ahead, you will need to check with your insurance as not many cover it. I'm not sure about Babtac?

Hope I haven't put you off, only you can decide & we live & learn!!

Jade x

Floundering Newbie said:
I have been pondering adding tooth gems to services I will be offering when I go mobile for some time with lots of "well maybe, maybe not" thoughts. However, whilst just sat having my hair dyed, my hairdresser has just told me she has been trying to get one for ages but no-one in the area is offering the service, so now I'm back to thinking maybe I should get into this.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this? Is it a good service to offer? Does BABTAC insurance cover them? ..... and anything else anyone thinks may be useful advice :)

Karen

Hi

I have just started doing Smilegems as a mobile mainly coz I want to introduce this as a service for the salon later this year. Its very popular with the young adult market (so long as you get parental consent) and also my local hairdressers are all into it too.

Not sure about BABTAC insurance but Professional Beauty and The Guild both cover Smilegems.

The cost of a small starter kit is not too prohibitive so give it a go.

Shaza

Thanks for the replies ....... all more for me to think about :lol:

Market research time I think, starting back at the hairdressers where I know I deffo have one customer :lol:

I've requested a brochure off Smile Gems today ...... bit of relaxed reading in front of the TV.

Those of you who use the Smile Gems product, how long on average are you finding clients are managing to keep them on? I know they do say they CAN last up to a year but I'm interested to know how long it pans out in reality

Karen

It's hard to say as it depends on the acidity level in each individuals mouth which can also be affected by what they eat & drink! It's the acid that breaks down the adhesive. It is dental adhesive used when applying braces etc so they last a couple of months x

I had one of these done on holiday and it lasted me 9 months, but when it came off it left some of the glue on and it stayed on for ages and my dentist wasnt very impressed. Do these kits come with a special thing to remove them?

Lisa x

dazzlingtouch said:
I had one of these done on holiday and it lasted me 9 months, but when it came off it left some of the glue on and it stayed on for ages and my dentist wasnt very impressed. Do these kits come with a special thing to remove them?

Lisa x

Hi Lisa

The best way to remove gems or the glue that sometimes gets left behind is with dental floss but you MUST make sure u do it in a downward motion away from the gum line.

HTH
Shaza

Lisa x

Looks like if I do go for doing this then I will have to changing insurance companies .......

spoke to BABTAC who will cover for Smile Gems IF I have a qualification in facials, which I do not want to do. Then I spoke to Professional Beauty who will cover them on their Full Treatment Cover plan so long as it is the Smile Gems brand.

I fact seeing as the PB policy is over £30 cheaper than the BABTAC one unless I come across some really big difference between the cover I think I'll be changing anyway. So far all I can see that I will lose is the Vitality mag every other month :|

My head is starting to hurt thinking about all this :lol:

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back