Top 10 OPI colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thompson1

Reaction score
Hi guys Im trying out OPI, so far not impressed byt here service, no rep in my area and call centre pritty rubbish!. Anyway, im looking to get 10 to 20 varnishes in to try as at present Im trying to run down my CND polish (have over 90 colours so will take a while lol)

I was wondering what your top 10 colours where in OPI to help me choose which ones to get in to try. I asked the call centre and they said just have a look at them and choose!

Any help would be great

I find most popular ones are;

1. Mrs O'Leary's BBQ (deep brownish red)
  2. Big Apple Red (bright pillar box red)
  3. Malaga Wine (deep blood red)
  4. Lincoln Park After Dark (really deep dark purple)
  5. Alpine Snow (white - for french tip)
  6. Altar Ego (sheer shimmery purple for over french)
  7. Chocolate Shakespere (light shimmery caramel)
  8. Don't Know, Beets Me (bright pink)
  9. Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It (very bright orangy red)
  10. Russian Navy (dark navy blue)
That's just my opinion, there are other popular ones but I probably use them the most - also Coney Island Cotton Candy for over french too. My new fave is Black Cherry Chutney from the India collection.

If you have any other questions just PM me.

hth xxxx

thanks for them, anyone else?

1. I'm not really a waitress
2. alter ego
3. Linkin park at midnight
4. light my sapphire
5. a rose by dawn broke by noon
6. pompeii purple
7. nomads dream
8. romeo and joliette
9. bogota blackberry
10.moscow at midnight.

Ignore customer service they are moody!

hth

becki xxx

Hi, Just go for the colours you like, thats what i did and because i like and wear them it also promotes sales which is good for us as well.:)

My top ten are:

1) My privite Jet
2) Charged up cherry
3) Princess rules
4) Met on the internet
5) Blackcherry chutney
6) Cajan Shrimp
7) St Petersburgundy
8) Ladies & Magenta Man
9) Russian Navy
10) Glacier Bay Blues

i love all the opi colours as we sell them in my shop!....but I think the most popular is My Private Jet & Russian navy....But I am at a loss to pick 10 favs....:)...we are selling some off at reduced price because of old stock and they are really nice colours!hth

They are the same in spain, quite moody!! At least the products make up for it!

1 - Cajun shrip
2 - Mimosas for mr and mrs
3 - My private jet
4 - Mrs o'learys bbq
5 - Alpine snow (must have!)
6 - Pink-ing of you
7 - Malaga wine
8 - Black onyx
9 - Italian love affair
10 - Lincoln park after dark

Phew that was really hard! You could just do eenie meeny miney mo!

A lot of the ones mentioned are big hits with clients but from my personal experience, some really beautiful colors that aren't easily comparable to other collections (not including the ones mentioned already - i think!) are..

Elephantastic Pink from the new India line - creme pink, peacher than margarita

Strawberry Margarita - great for toes for the summer

Second Honeymoon - a light almost bubble-mint pink color, not sheer!

Black Cherry Chutney - this color is SO popular from the india line - its a deep plum with a subtle purple shimmer

Heart throb - like second honeymoon, but a touch pinker

Bubble Bath - i think clients just like the name..its a like creme in an off white/touch of pink

Boris & Natasha - a maroon/burgundy - almost like when red wine in a glass is almost empty, if you know what I mean. This is also a creme

HTH! :) I <3 OPI!!

A Rose at Dawn Broke by Noon

Aphrodite's pink nightie

Heart Throb

I'm Not Really A Waitress (my personal favourite)

The Grape Lakes

Catch the Garter

Grand Canyon Sunset

It's all Greek to Me

Senorita Rosalita

Mrs O'Leary's BBQ

Last edited:
I love them all but at the moment I've got Lincoln Park at Midnight on both fingers and toes.

I just went to sallys and had a look - my first one was ladies and magenta men and it holds a special place in my heart. xx

Hiya :)

I LOVE OPI its all i use and all my clients love it too!!! My top 10 would have to be...

1. Suzi says da --Very dark brown
2. My chihuhua bites--pinky orangey colour, great for summer toes
3. pompeii Purple--Lovely purply pinky colour
4. Coney island--great for french
5.Malaga wine--deep red
6.alpine snow--great for french
7.Midnight in Moscow--lovely dark colour
8.True Aboriginal
9. teal the cows come home--very bright blue
10.suzi sells sushi by the seashore--light browny goldy colour

Hope this helps xx

Much as I like OPI colours I would think long and hard about spending a lot of money with a company whose distributor is moody and unhelpful...... If they can't (or wont) tell you the most popular enamel colours I can't see them being much help with other business decisions you may need to make.....

CND enamels are long-leasting, hard-wearing, good value for money, have a wide range of colours and are distributed by Sweet Squared who are both helpful and interested in individual technicians and their businesses...... Why do you feel the need to change?

Much as I like OPI colours I would think long and hard about spending a lot of money with a company whose distributor is moody and unhelpful...... If they can't (or wont) tell you the most popular enamel colours I can't see them being much help with other business decisions you may need to make.....

CND enamels are long-leasting, hard-wearing, good value for money, have a wide range of colours and are distributed by Sweet Squared who are both helpful and interested in individual technicians and their businesses...... Why do you feel the need to change?

This is an excellent point that Vetty has made . . . . I use OPI polishes but nothing else from their ranges, but I just love the colours and so do my clients . . . but if you are considering their mani/pedi ranges or their enhancement products too then I do think you need to consider their overall helpfulness.

Last edited:
just looking at the choices made by geeks so far makes me agree with what the distributor said "have a look and make your own decision".

What is right for some, or some areas, may not be right for others. But there are "classic" colors.

Ultimately it's up to you, if you were advised to buy certain colors, then they didn't sell, or clients didn't like them .... you would blame those that told you.

If you have 90 colors from another range, I'd imagine you would have an idea of what kind of colors the clients go for.

I totally agree,plus OPI enamels are available in boots which imediately effects your retail profit :idea:

Latest posts

Back