top 5 tips for party nails....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails At The Hat Hire Company

Reaction score
hi all need to pick your brains......local rag has asked me to give the top 5 tips for nails... never done this before so not completely sure... this is what ive come up with but please some advice/critisim etc., this is the first time my salon will be in the public eye (scratch was great but no one from joe public family saw it as its a trade mag) so its important ive got this advice right ive thrown in creative products where i dared but i think its more a home type of advice thingy.. can anyone take a look over this and t3ll me where/if ive gone wrong right.... or any other ideas ive totally missed out .. i am sooo nervous over this... also dont want to name celebs if they havent used solar can anyone give the names of those that have.
o i dont do a water manicure just use creative cuticle remover but im guessing most women dont have any remover thats why i put in about the soaking to soften cuticles was that right!!!below is the list sorry its a long 'un again
Prepare your nails well first as this will give a better base and add longevity to the polish. If you’ve been a good girl and recently had a manicure then you can just go ahead and polish your nails. If not then these few steps are important. Shape the nails first you will get a smoother edge if your nails are hard and dry. Soak your nail to soften the cuticles but not for too long as your nails will expand with the water and when they shrink again your polish will crack and chip
Gently use an orange stick wrapped in cotton wool to gently push back the cuticles. This is better if it is carried out by a professional as you can easily damage the cuticle, causing redness, and swelling and in more severe cases infection.
Apply a base coat two thin coats of polish. And a top coat.

For a little bit of glitter over the Christmas season polish your nails in the desired colour and dip your fingernail into a pot of glitter Or using a thin brush, like an eyeliner brush dip the brush into clear polish then into glitter and run it along the free edge…this only needs to be a thin line and is ideal for shorter nails too.. remember to use a top coat and reapply top coat every two days to prolong the life of the varnish and glitter.

Rhinestones add bling/glamour look for the party…. The new trend is to polish the nail then apply a line of rhinestones along the cuticle edge…this is especially effective on toe nails too.
Rhinestones also look effect singly on the nail and can be placed anywhere ie., free edge, centre. When applying rhinestones polish the nail as normal and then take an orange stick with a little bit of blue-tack on the end and pick up the rhinestone and apply gently to the nail. Make sure you top coat everyday to pronlong the rhinestones as these can be easily knocked off.

Chrome and metallic nails are the next big thing… and there are lots of colours out there.. go for a colour that matches your outfit and remember your toes for a co-ordinated look.
Its best NOT to top coat a metallic or chrome polish as this takes away the metallic sheen of the polish.

Hologram topcoats, like creative’s northern lights, which is combined with Out he Door a quick drying topcoat are lovely over plain polishes, Natural Nails and French Manicures.. They give a very subtle shimmer look to nails that reflects in the light.

Finish with Creative’s Solar Oil a conditioning skin and nail treatment. Solar oil contains natural blends of Jojoba Oil Sweet Almond oil and vitamin E. It penetrates and softens the cuticles and promotes strong flexible nails and is also extremely beneficial to all types of nail enhancements for this reason. It smells good enough to eat and is used by top celebrities including ................????????

i think that is really good, it is informative without being too technical,a job well done ,love dee

Thehandsanctuary said:
......Hologram topcoats, like creative’s northern lights, which is combined with Out he Door a quick drying topcoat are lovely over plain polishes, Natural Nails and French Manicures.. They give a very subtle shimmer look to nails that reflects in the light.

Well done Jen, but just one thing OTD is not a Creative product but another of the fab products distributed by Designer Nails - would hate to confuse your readers LOL.

Hope it does well for you and brings in new leads.

...should i put then something like Designer Nails distribute northern lights or just leave it as northern lights.....

also who are the celebs c'mon you can all name drop... i thought they were in the mifddle of the catalogue but i couldnt find them ah... dani minogue isnt she one .....

I have edited this for you for the mag... I hope you don't mind and I hope it helps! :oops:

When performing a manicure, it is always best to prepare your natural nails first as this ensures a perfect foundation for longevity of nail colour. If you’ve been good and pampered yourself with regular manicures, you can polish your nails immediately! If not, let me help you with a few important steps to follow.

1. Before you do anything else, shape your nails first; this ensures a smoother and firmer free-edge.
2. Next soak your nails to soften your cuticles. It is important to remember NOT to soak them for too long. Your nails absorb water and as they return to normality, your polish may crack or chip.
3. Gently use an orange wood stick with a little cotton wool wrapped around its base and push back the cuticles. A professional manicurist / nail technician would be more appropriate to perform this treatment so be gentle and be careful!!
4. Apply a base coat, two thin coats of polish and finally the top coat.

For a little bit of glitz and glamour over the holiday season polish your nails in your desired colour and dip your fingernail into a pot of glitter. You could also use a thin brush such as an eyeliner brush and dip it into some clear polish and then into glitter; run it along the free edge of your nail. This only needs to be a thin line and is perfect for short nails too!

It is always good to remember to use a top coat and to re-apply it every two days to prolong the life of your colour and/or glitter.

Rhinestones add bling and glamour for any party-look this season; one look that is a hit with celebrities is to polish the nails and then apply a line of rhinestones along the cuticle edge - this is especially effective on toe nails too! Another effective look is to place single rhinestones on the nail for a simple and classy effect!

When applying rhinestones, polish the nail as normal, take an orange wood stick and place a tiny dot of blue-tack on the end; pick up a rhinestone and apply gently to the nail. Don't forget to use your top coat every other day to prolong the look and keep the rhinestones in place.

Chrome or metallic nails are ultra chic and there is a great selection of colours to choose from. Go for a tone that enhances your outfit and don't forget your toes to complete the look. A good tip to remember with chrome or metal polish is to forget the top coat; it can actually reduce the sheen of the polish.

A 'hologram' topcoat can look lovely over polishes, clean natural nails or french manicures, it gives depth to all colour and a very subtle shimmer that sparkles in the light. I love Northern Lights Hologram Top Coat and I combine this with 'Out the Door' which is a brilliant 'quick drying' topcoat!

A great finish to any treatment has to be Creative Nail Design's Solar Oil! This is a conditioning nail treatment that contains three light oils plus Vitamin E for added penetration. Solar Oil softens cuticles and promotes strong flexible natural nails; it is also extremely beneficial to all types of nail enhancements, smells good enough to eat and is used by the likes of Kylie & Dannii Minogue, Madonna, Victoria Beckham and JLo

thank you thank you sounds so much more professional now... thank you thank you thank you...

am i right in thinking northern lights IS already mixed with out The Door top coat

Correct. The Northen Lights is OTD with the particles in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back