Top coat and base coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandstones

Reaction score
Hi, is there a decent brand of Top Coats and Base Coats anyone can recommend or are they all generally the same ? ie should I fork out for more expensive ones or will a cheap brand do the same job ?

Thanks
Heather

Ive heard Opi nail envy is the best base coat out.

I use seche vite top coat and it is the best. Dries in 2 minites, very shinny. It is just fantastic.

Cheaper brands are crap. I have one that cost $4 and its still not dry the next day and it actually turns nail polish wet again and streaks the colours. Where as the seche vite cost about $15. Buy better quality from the start. You wont regret it.

I'd recommend OPI - they are the very best!!

I also recommend OPI, I use them for all my polishes!
I use the natural nail base coat because they sent me a box of them free but they have a few different ones, the acrylic base coat is fab for using over enhancements!
I also use the OPI Speed Dry Top Coat, I would never look back from it it is superb! Dries SOOO quick with a super high shine :) xxx

I also use opi xx

Throwing a spanner in the works, I use orly base and top coat. They have various ones all around the same price. And I love them all!

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Many thanks for all your help, I've got some OPI on the way :)

Lumos for me, even with opi :lol:

Before I switched to CND Vinylux I used to use Lumos or CND Sticky/Shiny :) they really are lovely.

Xxx

Latest posts

Back