top coat bubbling!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, i use the OPI rapid dry top coat but am finding that it keeps bubbling the nail polish. I had it with one before but had it for a while so put it down to its age! But this one is new and ive got it again so assume im doing something wrong???

Hi Emily,

Have you tried any other topcoats? It could be that you are not leaving enough time inbetween coats of varnish x

well I had this happen to me with one client.. I would use G'listen by creative and out the door it always seemed to be her for some odd reason, I did used to use solar speed spray, maybe I wasn't leaving enough time between top coat and speedy spray... could this be it for you? do you always roll the polish? Could it be overworking when the polish is drying? or using quick dry between polishes.. if it's none of these then I can't think and I would consider it maybe being a bad batch?!?

Whenever I've had this it's been due to not enough time between coats OR in one case, I applied the topcoat, then she decided she wanted rhinestones so I applied and then topcoated again . . . it bubbled. Too many coats I guess. hth x

Thanks for the replies. Ill have a go at leaving a little longer between coats. We were always taught to do one hand, then by the time we finish the second one, the first hand is ready for the second coat. This isnt very long though, how long do you recommend?
Also, the 2 coats of top coat could def be a prob for me today, i did my own nails (practising my french polish again!) but i added nail art, i topcoated then painted the stripes etc then top coated again. This could be my prob...

I paint first coat then normaly leave a min or so then second coat, I then normaly tidy away for a few mins whilst chatting to my client then do a top coat, if I do nail art I don't use two coats of top coat, the one is fine.
x

Hiya,

I have OPI rapid dry but also find it bubbles alot. I have stopped using now and use Spangles top coat for nail art and Orly top coat for just polish or french. I find I dont get bubbling now.:)

I also find that Im quite impatient when waiting for polish to dry and I dont think that helps. Like you said I also learnt at college to do one hand then the next would be ready.

hello, i was itec trained too, i work in the same way, i don't wait between coats, maybe up to 30 secs before top coat, i think its poss down to how much product you apply with each coat, i use mavala enamels and as the brushes are quite small i find it easier to get the right amt of product on, with nail art i would paint straight onto the enamel, i sometimes use a tiny dab of top coat to place a rhinestone on after nail art then one coat of topcoat over the lot. hth hun xx

I've actually been having the same problem with my Rapid Dry this week. I'm wondering if there is a wonky batch out there as my Orly and CND top coats are working just fine.

S

thanks

I went and bought another top coat today just in case it was the rapid dry, i bought the normal top coat and its fine, not sticky either..

Latest posts

Back