Top Coat for Nail Art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just wondered what you all use as a top coat?

I've been trying my hand at nail art - nothing too adventerous - mostly fancy French tips, and they look fine until I come to the top coat!

As soon as I put the top coat on the polish goes all streaky (no matter how long I've left it to dry) and I end up with a streaky mush of colours!

Can anyone suggest a good top coat that won't make my colours run?

Cheers,

Karen

:rainbow:

hi
at the minute i am using CND super shiney high gloss top coat and am having no problems with it at all

:D

Karen said:
As soon as I put the top coat on the polish goes all streaky (no matter how long I've left it to dry) and I end up with a streaky mush of colours!

Hi Karen

I also use CND's Super Shiney at the moment but I have used a whole variety of top coats - what I have found is that invariably it is not so much the top coat causing the problems, but the method of application: place a large(ish) blob of top coat at the half moon end and then work it slowly towards you under the brush and avoiding brush contact with the nail....

Wherever I allowed the brush to contact the nail surface in the early days, the design usually smudged or streaked a little but not since adopting this method and so I am certain this should put a stop to the problem for you too....

Ooo, cheers for that!

Super Shiney it is then and I'll try changing my application technique!

Many thanks,

Karen :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back