Top coat not curing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Methysts

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m new here and I had to resort to a forum to know what’s going on with my top coat.
Im not a professional, I’m a nail enthusiast and i only do my nails. Recently I bought a topcoat and I did my nails and I sealed my color with it, but it looked cloudy instead of glossy. And I bought that top coat specifically because it said that it was glossy, it has a tacky layer but I thought that after cleaning it, it would go super shiny. But it didn’t, I stopped using it because I thought that maybe the heat would interfere with the curing. It was summertime and the days were insanely hot! (I even put it in the fridge for a bit before using it, and it still looked cloudy after). Fast forwarding a couple of days ago. I bought a Polygel kit that comes with a top coat. And I tried it thinking that it would look shiny! But it didn’t too :(
I’ll apload a picture showing how it looks after I clean the dispersion layer.
On the left is after I clean it with rubbing alcohol and on the right is how it looks when it comes out of the lamp.
Should I get another lamp ? View attachment 211263

Hello.

We strongly advise against using acrylic and gel nail products without proper training as many people are becoming allergic to nail enhancements from attempting to do their nails at home.

We can advise you on general nail care, treatment oils etc.

However, this is a site for qualified professionals and it’s against site rules to provide technical advice to a diy-er/prospective client.

Latest posts

Back