Top coat not lasting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sha2307

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking some advise I've been getting my nails done for years I've recently changed nail tech but my top coat is wearing off then the gel colour isn't lasting I've been told its my fault it happening about a week u can see the shine wearing away from the tip can anyone help me find what the fault is please

Hi I'm looking some advise I've been getting my nails done for years I've recently changed nail tech but my top coat is wearing off then the gel colour isn't lasting I've been told its my fault it happening about a week u can see the shine wearing away from the tip can anyone help me find what the fault is please

Can you provide us with some photos maybe?

I have them took off they look awful after a week

I have them took off they look awful after a week

Without being able to see the problem you’re asking about, it’s virtually impossible to guess what‘s going on unfortunately.

It's like top coat wears off the gel wears off I dont understand why it's never done that before been happening last 4_5 times

It's like top coat wears off the gel wears off I dont understand why it's never done that before been happening last 4_5 times

The nail tech may have changed her products, may be using an incorrect/incompatible lamp, the bulbs in the lamp may need changing etc, it’s very difficult to provide an exact answer. It could also be that you are not following the correct aftercare, are heavy handed, or are doing a daily job which enables the gel to wear off quickly.

I find it strange never happened before to me ever noting has changed lifestyle wise another girl has the same problem I asked her to use a different gel to see if that helps as her gel sculpt gel polish and top coat is all different brands last time she was tipping the top coat out of bottle as she ran out her lamp has changed I find it not as strong as her last one

Latest posts

Back