Top coat over pressed flowers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lily

Reaction score
Hiya,

Would you be able to french paint a natural nail nail, then apply a pressed flower and then top coat the nail, i have a large wedding coming up and all the bridesmaids and the bride have nice long nails and they all want flowers and on every finger so they all match. Also how much would you charge? I currently charge 40p to £1 per nail depending on what nail art design!

Any help would be appeciated

Thanx
Amanda

hi lily,
if i was you i would try out your top coat on a flower especially white flowers, i am finding it difficult to find a top coat that doesn't turn flowers brown, within a couple of days, so do a test first to be on the safe side.

p.s if you find a top coat that works please let me know which one!!!

lots of love
Beck.

BTW hows your new salon coming on?

hi ya i have been using spangles nail art sealer and super shiny from creative my flowers have been fine hth

beck said:
hi lily,
if i was you i would try out your top coat on a flower especially white flowers, i am finding it difficult to find a top coat that doesn't turn flowers brown, within a couple of days, so do a test first to be on the safe side.

p.s if you find a top coat that works please let me know which one!!!

lots of love
Beck.

BTW hows your new salon coming on?
Hiya
Thanx Beck, ill give that a go, new salon coming on well i move on the bank holiday weekend and then im down at excell!!!! No rest for the wicked, how are you? hope you are well

Amanda

hi lily
you will have no problem placing flowers over a painted french manicure ...i do it all the time :D .apply the flowers whilst your pink /peach is still tacky .i use a pointed tweezers to do this ..i then press the flower carefully to the paint with a dampened cotton bud ..make sure there are no air pockets underneath the flower ...i use millenium air dry top coat and have had flowers on my fingers for eight days now with no signs of turning brown ..i have also used designer nails out the door top coat with equally good results ...though i did find that two coats of out the door did sometimes form cracks on the surface ..
hope this helps
debbie
i charge 50 pence for each flower

mine go mainly under acrylic my clients dont have nice natural nails.

all i can suggest is trying your products out before the big day and finish with a uv top coat to help preserve the colour in you flowers.

i charge £1 per flower, but if i do a display of flowers like a bouquet effect on ring fingers for the brides i charge £5/6 it is flippen fiddly to do, i put these onto a thin finished nail, with a thin clear layer of acrylic as they dont lie completly flat when your building up that effect.

Nsi catalogue has some absolutely lovely lilac flowers.....yummy.

Mine go on fine after acrylic sealed with top coat - no browning - yet!?

I charge £3 for one flower.

Have no probs putting it under CND Super Shiney the flowers do not discolour or anything not even after 3 weeks.

Jue xxx

Hiya,

Thanx all for you help, well had a go last night on her nails and applied out the door and they looked wicked, just as well as it is her hen night tonight. For her wedding though i'm going to apply power seal from nailorder over the top. I only did one nail on the nail trainer yesterday to see how they looked and iv'e got another large wedding in september and all four bridesmaids and the bride want flowers, gosh i'm going to be busy in sept!!!!

Thanx again

Amanda

i haven't got out the door, obviously something to purchase at the show!!
Glad its all going well for you i will have my fingers crossed!

lots of love
beck

beck said:
i haven't got out the door, obviously something to purchase at the show!!
Glad its all going well for you i will have my fingers crossed!

lots of love
beck
Hiya,

Are you going to excell, if you are pop by and say hi, i'm on the nailorder stand, it would be nice to see you again!!

I suppose any top coat would do!! Deffo going to try the power seal, it last ages over normal polish!!

Take care

Amanda

whats powerseal lily, i have`nt heard if it ? tell me moreeeeeeeeeee lol

I would LOVE to try the whole pressed flower thing - hear you guys talking about what you've done and seen some gorgeous pics you've posted & turning very green with envy!! :green:

I also think your nail art sounds very cheap peeps. It may be a geography thing but the CHEAPEST nail art I do is £1.00 per nail - and that's the really easy stuff :lol: !! And I'm not expensive - most places in Stratford start at £1.50 or £2.00 per nail.

Lily said:
Hiya,

Are you going to excell, if you are pop by and say hi, i'm on the nailorder stand, it would be nice to see you again!!

I suppose any top coat would do!! Deffo going to try the power seal, it last ages over normal polish!!

hopefully, hopefully, i am going to excel, and i will definately stop by to say hi if i go,

lots of love
beck

where can you get powerseal???????

i think it is from nail order, pm lily i am sure she will know :D

Hiya,

Sorry everyone, had a hectic weekend and i havnt been on line !!!!

Powerseal is from nailorder and is a uv cured top coat, it is extremly thin and just paints on like enamel, it takes 2 mins for it to cure and is really really shiney, as long as you stretch it over the free edge slightly it doesnt shrink, i havnt had a problem with shrinking!!! its fab!!

Amanda

Latest posts

Back