Top Coat/Sealer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
:rolleyes: ...just wondering if there is anyone out there that could let me know which topc coat they'd recommend as the best one to seal in nail art designs.

A customer that has quite a lot of nail art said she loves her designs, but they only last 1 week before they start looking 'shabby' and 'worn.

I use CND products, but with nail art...use the 'Spangles' range. I've tried Speedy & Super Shiney top coats, also ONS acrylic Sealer...still no joy.

My customer said she used to have a product called 'new air??' where she used to go and found that to last longer.

any clues or advice???

thanks in advnace :D

hi there
i use a top coat from Nailorder (0800 9522335) called 'Air Coat'. it dries to a 'durable, high gloss finish in 60 seconds'.

It really does dry quickly and as per their instructions, you can also dry even quicker using a 60watt lightbulb. It really is glossy and hardwearing. They also sell a top coat called 'UV top coat' which quote 'dries to a brilliant long lasting finish with UV light, heat or AIR! Toluene and formaldehyde free with UV protection'.

I haven't used this uv one but the other one is brilliant. As it dries so quickly, you can easily give the client two coats and send them safely on their way. I also always recommend the client applies further coats of top coat every 2nd or third evening....don't forget to seal in the free edge.
Hope this helps
dianne

Hi

Which type of light do people use to dry nail polish is there one that is specifically designed for this?

Ive used a uv gel top coat straight over polish and its dried straight away but should i wait until the polish is dry first like the Faze gel top coat?

Would the uv light cause problems with the curing of f/glass or acrylic system?

Cristine :)

I use AIRSHIELD from NSI, it dries hard in 3 minutes and the art is still intact at their next appointment

Airshield is FAB!!!!!!!!........... for artificial nails.......but wo betide you if you try it on natural nails!
:rolleyes:
I have learnt by experience that airshield is really great for artificial nails BUT no-no for natural nails! :oops:
I have opted for Out the Door without hiccupps!
However....... I almost always use Airshield (NSI) for nail enhancement enamelling and art!

:sunny:

Tickled Pink! said:
hi there
i use a top coat from Nailorder (0800 9522335) called 'Air Coat'. it dries to a 'durable, high gloss finish in 60 seconds'.

It really does dry quickly and as per their instructions, you can also dry even quicker using a 60watt lightbulb. It really is glossy and hardwearing. They also sell a top coat called 'UV top coat' which quote 'dries to a brilliant long lasting finish with UV light, heat or AIR! Toluene and formaldehyde free with UV protection'.

I haven't used this uv one but the other one is brilliant. As it dries so quickly, you can easily give the client two coats and send them safely on their way. I also always recommend the client applies further coats of top coat every 2nd or third evening....don't forget to seal in the free edge.
Hope this helps
dianne

Hello,

I've used the UV sealer from Nailorder (pink and white label) and it's fabulous! I definitely recommend it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back