Top Coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella bee

Reaction score
can anyone recommend a good top coat that doesnt dull rhinestones or swarovski gems on nails?thanks x

its not really the top coat that dulls the shine, its the coating of the stones with topcoat.

what makes a stone shine is the cuts on the surface of it, each one of these flat surfaces reflects the light and thats what gives them the twinkle.

once you coat the stone with something else it dulls thes sharp cuts and makes the stones less reflective.

the best thing to do is to glue the stones on with a little nail adhesive and then top coat around the stones so that the base of them is anchored in the gloss but you dont get any on the facets.

Just tried Lumos base and top coat and love it. It dries quickly and leaves a high gloss shine.
I haven't tried it over stones yet !

I covered my bug toe in crystal and then about 3 layers of Brisa gel and this didn't dull them I think it made them sparkle more!
Try shellac base coat then put ur crystals on top of that then cure it then put shellac top coat over and cure it! That will help them keep put for weeks. I also put shellac top coat over nail art and it really does make it last 2week! Clients think its fab as nail art usually chip after 3 days. Do u currently use shellac? Xx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back