Top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n@iledit

Reaction score
hi geeks, hope you've all had a fab weekend in the sun :D

i'm just wondering if its at all possible to use two top coats of top coat? (it does leave a sticky layer sooo i'm thinking this is maybe possible?) as when i'm doing mica powders they seem to wear quite bad over the free edge? thanks for any help :)

kayleigh xx

You need to be a little more specific in your query ;)

Are you asking about gel polishes? You can top coat twice, but if you seal the free edge with your gel on each layer (base, color coats, topcoat) it will help to reduce tip wear.

Also, the inhibition layer isn't necessary to adhere each coat to each other, so even if you have topcoated and removed the stickiness, you can still add another layer if you so wish.

hmmmm yeh a bit vauge wasn't i... egear to get out into the sun maybe hehe!

i'm talking about doing a hard gel enhancement and sticking the powder into tacky layer of a top coat and then twice top coating over this to seal? i have been doing this but using only 1 top coat and it seems to wear away within a week? (i'm using cuccio universal top coat)

Also nsi glaze n go has to be used over a buffed surface do you know if it would be ok over a mica powder without buffing? as the its not shiney once powder is applied??
thanks for helping x

Latest posts

Back