Top coats for acrylics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbeauty82

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good non-UV topcoat to go over acrylics please? I use seche vite for natural nails, nailart, regular polish etc. Can this be used over acrylics?

I've read alot of great stuff about Lumos too, can anyone recommend this for use over acrylics?

Thank you :) xx

I use orly.. There magnifique over pink and whites it's lovely

Emma-Louise

I use orly top to bottom its great as a base if colour is needed and leaves a lovely shine when applied on its own or as top coat on a colour

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I like NSI airdry - nice and shiny and holds Swarovski crystals in place for weeks! Xx

Yeah lumos is great, I'm using this at the moment, I also love china glaze, either first & last or their patent leather top coat x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Another vote for nsi. High shine even on china glaze colours x

I love vinylux as it dries so quickly and stays beautifully shiny!

Thanx everyone, I'll have a look at these:) is it ok to use seche vite as I already have this? X

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanx everyone, I'll have a look at these:) is it ok to use seche vite as I already have this? X

Yeah this is a lovely brand, fine to go over acrylics, some cheap/cheaper brands can go yellow, but to be honest I've used loads of different ones over the years & never experienced this. The main thing I personally look for is a topcoat that gives a lovely shine that lasts & dries fairly quickly. If you do shellac or gel you can use these as a more hard wearing one over the top of l&p, I like doing this if a client is going on holiday x HTH x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you fluffy26 :) I love seche vite,gonna try something new for a change, but I'll probably go back to it lol,I love the way it dries so, quickly and lasts.Just practicing on friends, family and Flexi finger at the moment as i'm fairly new to nails, so don't wanna waste product but when I start doing paying clients I'll definitely use a gel topcoat for lasting wear xx

Seche vita is a lovely top coat but I personally don't think it would ever stay glossy enough for the length people have acrylics on before coming back and I think when they're due to one back they'd be shabby looking which wouldn't be a true reflection on your work iykwim. I defo think I would use a gel polish top coat or hard get top coat. Crystal nails does a top shine bottle and they have a 4ml sample size if you wanted to try (altho the little bottle still goes a long way) and you cute it under uv light for 2-3 mins so it would last until infills. Xx

Seche vita is a lovely top coat but I personally don't think it would ever stay glossy enough for the length people have acrylics on before coming back and I think when they're due to one back they'd be shabby looking which wouldn't be a true reflection on your work iykwim. I defo think I would use a gel polish top coat or hard get top coat. Crystal nails does a top shine bottle and they have a 4ml sample size if you wanted to try (altho the little bottle still goes a long way) and you cute it under uv light for 2-3 mins so it would last until infills. Xx

Thank you, I'll have a look at that :D xx

Latest posts

Back